Czechs in North America

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I did not find anywhere that he should be injured.. It is usually written on Livesport. So he probably didn't really make the lineup.

That's what I read last night when I didn't see him last night.
Agree, he should have to tryout for NT but I don't think he has a contract anyways. He may have done enough to get another NHL year. Maybe.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

A bonus signing... off to Florida. No idea how you crack that roster but very happy for him. 2 years to get himself into the game.

Jenik played last night
Zohorna got the call
Jiricek is playing consistently on bottom pair
Rousek is still in NHL
Smejkal is still in NHL (I think)
Palat healthy
Nosek healthy

Awful NHL season but this may actually be it's peak.lol

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would also add Blumel to this group. I always thought it like this with the NHL chances of this little group: Blumel > Jeník > Rousek > Lauko

Well it's exactly the opposite lol
My ranking was

Zadina .. Zboril.. kaut... Jenik... Hajek Lauko... Blumel... Rousek.

And I had zadina ahead of Necas and Chytil.

I was so wrong.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

That's what I read last night when I didn't see him last night.
Agree, he should have to tryout for NT but I don't think he has a contract anyways. He may have done enough to get another NHL year. Maybe.

So that's my fault. There was nothing about the injury even online. But anyway.. however you wrote it, it is inconsistent and you know my opinion about it..:surrender

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
My ranking was

Zadina .. Zboril.. kaut... Jenik... Hajek Lauko... Blumel... Rousek.

And I had zadina ahead of Necas and Chytil.

I was so wrong.
I think we all were wrong about Zadina lol. Guy legitimately looked like a regular 30/40+ goal scorer and multiple ppg NHL seasons earner in his draft year. Such a shame and such a big flop.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Just one nice surprise after another lately...

Smejkal playing, Hovorka signed, Chytil training in NY (maybe he plays next season), Hertl to a Cup contender. Hronek and Zacha approaching career milestones, Zadina is close too but currently injured, Jiricek playing consistently, Rousek playing consistently, Dostal really doing well.

• Wow
Reactions: Goodman68

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Just one nice surprise after another lately...

Smejkal playing, Hovorka signed, Chytil training in NY (maybe he plays next season), Hertl to a Cup contender. Hronek and Zacha approaching career milestones, Zadina is close too but currently injured, Jiricek playing consistently, Rousek playing consistently, Dostal really doing well.

The media are all saying he’s not ruled out for the playoffs. The team released a statement months ago saying his season was over. I wonder what changed.

He wouldn’t be eligible to play until game 1, but that seems unlikely anyway. Maybe at some point during the playoffs if all goes well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The media are all saying he’s not ruled out for the playoffs. The team released a statement months ago saying his season was over. I wonder what changed.

He wouldn’t be eligible to play until game 1, but that seems unlikely anyway. Maybe at some point during the playoffs if all goes well.
There was a definitely a season over tweet and I thought he was rehabbing with his brother (I think his brother is his physiotrainer) in Czech. So to even see him skating in NY is great.

I was 50-50 on if he ever played again.

30-70 if ever played again in NHL.

Might be a great bottom 6 ace in round 2 of the playoffs if some injuries happen... who knows.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Zacha with 2 points... he has 58 which is a career high for him. Career year in points and assists. One behind in goals. I'd say it went well for him.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I will cheer to the end Jan! The end is probably next week but I will cheer to it.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Klapka back in the NHL too. End of season is much better than the start of it.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If only some of those guys made some bigger impact. But at least they are playing.
We could legit make an all tweener team.lol

It probably would be as good as our actual NT team.

Blumel, hajek, Kral, galvas, Zboril, sustr, kaut, Spacek, klapka, Chlapik... You get the idea lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
f*** it.. for fun.. here is the Czech all tweener team. I maintain this would be as good as whatever we choose for the upcoming worlds (minus round 1 enforcements).

Criteria.. were drafted or signed in NA but did not make a noticeable impact in NHL (less than 50 games in NHL) and returned to Europe. I will leave Kulich, Svozil, Spacek and Jiricek out of this as they are still with a good chance. I will leave Zadina out as I think he gets a contract for next year. Second he signs in Europe though, he makes this roster!

F - Blumel, Kaut, Spacek, Chlapik, Kovar, Cervenka, Stansky, Jasek, Hyka, D Kase, Zohorna, Smejkal, Reichel

D - Zboril, Hajek, Galvas, Kral, Klok, Knot, Musil, Masin and Kundratek

G - Korenar, Stezka, Langhammer and Mazanec (I left out Bartosak for personal reasons)

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
f*** it.. for fun.. here is the Czech all tweener team. I maintain this would be as good as whatever we choose for the upcoming worlds (minus round 1 enforcements).

Criteria.. were drafted or signed in NA but did not make a noticeable impact in NHL (less than 50 games in NHL) and returned to Europe. I will leave Kulich, Svozil, Spacek and Jiricek out of this as they are still with a good chance. I will leave Zadina out as I think he gets a contract for next year. Second he signs in Europe though, he makes this roster!

F - Blumel, Kaut, Spacek, Chlapik, Kovar, Cervenka, Stansky, Jasek, Hyka, D Kase, Zohorna, Smejkal, Reichel

D - Zboril, Hajek, Galvas, Kral, Klok, Knot, Musil, Masin and Kundratek

G - Korenar, Stezka, Langhammer and Mazanec (I left out Bartosak for personal reasons)
Actually not a terrible team lol. I think they would make QF at Skoda´s without some major problems.

I have no idea what to make of Hamara... He seems so promising and this is encouraging though. He was great at the U20s for us!

He was good at U20 good with Bulldogs, we will see how he will do with men in AHL, mostly next season. I dont think he has some big chance for NHL, but he may suprise.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'm a huge Smejkal fan... just fell in love with his style of play at the Skoda's. I imagine he's returning to Europe but I'm really happy he got an NHL goal. Would be great to see him Prague to be honest. Much moreso than Belleville!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Klapka with his first NHL goal.. was a nice final week and we had more cWchs playing then all season.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not surprised but still sad to see francouz retire. Fabulous goalie for us but he can join a very long line of czechs who have had their careers cut short recently. The CT24 commentary crew has better players than the NT some days.lol.

Reactions: Chainshot

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I am wondering about Hronek, where his production went in the second half of the season. His first 41 games he got 34 points but in the second 41 only 14 which is kinda meh considering he is playing with Hughes.

Honestly I am not watching the games, and I can see him at various websites getting mostly over 7.0 rating in those games, so how is he? Is he still playing good? And what happened there that he completely stopped producing points eventhough he was really playing a lot.

Honestly I kinda expected him to go somewhere in the 60-65 points range. That 48 is kinda dissapointing in the end, but If he is playing still good then I guess its okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad