Czechs in North America

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So ELH regular season is ending and I am curious about: Tichacek, Rychlovsky, A.Najman, Flynn ... what do you think, does any of them have a chance getting NHL contract after this season?

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So ELH regular season is ending and I am curious about: Tichacek, Rychlovsky, A.Najman, Flynn ... what do you think, does any of them have a chance getting NHL contract after this season?
AHL 100 percent but I can't see any 1 way contracts. Just 2 way ones. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pavel and Rousek called back up after their teams made some trades. Not sure if they'll get ice time but they are in the show for now.

Guys I wouldn't mind seeing traded before Friday.. Zadina, Rutta, Kubalik and Blumel!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pavel actually played. Dostal was lights out for the third straight game. After 30 games he has a higher save percentage than Gibson. Please trade Gibson. Dostal is my prefered 1 for the Czechs.

Smejkal got the call up. Rousek got the call up. Szturc with a contract. Ivan with a contract.

Nothing earth shattering but some nice news on a shitty NHL Czech season. FTR.. Blumel is better than Pavel, Rousek and Smejkal and he toils in the AHL.lol Please god trade him

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Mysak traded.. but I have no idea if it is because he's done in the NHL or if Anaheim is legit interested in signing him and keeping him for a few more years. He has one year left on his contract so welcome to the San Diego Gulls for now.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Pavel actually played. Dostal was lights out for the third straight game. After 30 games he has a higher save percentage than Gibson. Please trade Gibson. Dostal is my prefered 1 for the Czechs.

Smejkal got the call up. Rousek got the call up. Szturc with a contract. Ivan with a contract.

Nothing earth shattering but some nice news on a shitty NHL Czech season. FTR.. Blumel is better than Pavel, Rousek and Smejkal and he toils in the AHL.lol Please god trade him
Blumel should play NHL ... hope he wont give up on this and try it in a different team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Blumel should play NHL ... hope he wont give up on this and try it in a different team.
I have this theory... I even posted it on HF once.

Once you hit 100 AHL games (as a forward), your NHL chances are slim. You become a tweener. Blumel is getting very close to Michael Spacek and Flip Chlapik territory. Usually ends with being put on waivers, no one picking you up and then a Dynamo Tweet that Blumel is back.lol

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I have this theory... I even posted it on HF once.

Once you hit 100 AHL games (as a forward), your NHL chances are slim. You become a tweener. Blumel is getting very close to Michael Spacek and Flip Chlapik territory. Usually ends with being put on waivers, no one picking you up and then a Dynamo Tweet that Blumel is back.lol
Well in conclusion rather this then him playing in AHL forever. This way he at least will be available for nt.

But still I want NHL for him

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well in conclusion rather this then him playing in AHL forever. This way he at least will be available for nt.

But still I want NHL for him
Big Time!

I hope I'm wrong.

But that thread I made about the best forwards to play more than 100 AHL games and be successful was a very short list.. very short. D and G are different. C's can take a little longer. But he's a Winger..

And yes, I'm beyond sick of losing players to the NT for the f***en Calder Cup...

Candidates this year:

Stezka
Kulich
Zboril
Smejkal
Blumel
Simek
Jiricek

Not saying they'd all make it or make us a Gold winner, but it'd be nice to have them available.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Simek traded to Wing's.. I assume to AHL.
Zboril traded to Columbus... are the Cleveland Monsters about to have Zboril, Jiricek and Svozil in the Calder Cup playoffs with the World's in Prague?lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Zboril traded to Columbus... are the Cleveland Monsters about to have Zboril, Jiricek and Svozil in the Calder Cup playoffs with the World's in Prague?lol
Yeah that sucks big time .. I want Jiricek on the PP damn it :D ...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Cleveland is really strong so I would assume they are a front-runner to make the AHL conference finals right now with the acquisition of Zboril and Subban.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Damn, on one hand I like to see get him out of SJS, on the other hand he was a lock for Prague lol .. now we must pray Vegas gets eliminated in the first round

The squad for Prague is starting to fall apart lol.

Silverlining might be that is Vegas face Canucks in the PO, it will be either Hronek or Hertl for us :D

But no Kubalik trade damn .. I wanted to get him out of Ottawa lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Kulich was ass again today.
Yes sadly. Let's just wrap up this completely disastrous season, regroup and hope next year it's gonna be better overall for Czech players in NHL/AHL.

I can't even get myself too excited for Prague this year honestly. Seeing how bad the performances from most of our guys look like now in the NA + the fact that most of the good ones still left there will probably be in playoff at the time of the tournament, really makes me not expect much from us at the tournament.

Most likely it again looks like we gonna field an euro team with some scraps from NHL at best lol.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Jagr has been showing Tichacek around Pittsburgh and the NHL, so nice of him. Hopefully it helps the guy out!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So Rittich is now over 92% SVS .. and in 21 games also so quite a bit of sample too.

Really nice comeback from him this season.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich looks like he's getting back to his game - goal and 2 assists last night against Hartford, had a number of other plays around the net and generally looked dangerous throughout the game.
Our dream... Double Prague!

World's and the euro series in Prague next year that Sabres are in.

Sabres dream... Double Rochester!lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So Rittich is now over 92% SVS .. and in 21 games also so quite a bit of sample too.

Really nice comeback from him this season.
Third shutout last night. Just an unbelievable comeback. And LA is a good team. He turned their season around. Yet I feel they think he's the backup. Grrr.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vladar out for the season. I may be his only remaining fan so I think it sucks.lol No Prague. You can almost hear the boys cooking up a starting Euro goalie.lol

FWIW - today, this is how I'd do the goalies:

Dostal
Mrazek
Suchanek

And I get that looks crazy BUT I think the third goalie should be a young goalie with NT potential. Not an NHLer not playing or an old Euro that will never make the NHL. So Suchanek does practices and let Dostal and Mrazek fight it out for starter in the round robin. Don't worry though, my views will change in about 24 hours.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
LOL.. Suchanek got the contract while I was typing about the World's. I'm fine if he goes on a run in the AHL too tbh. Tremendous story, very happy for him. Hope he outperforms Milic!lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad