GDT: Czech Republic Vs Russia | 12/27 @ 9:30PM ET | TSN/NHLN

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
One of the quirks of the Bragin teams was they often had the tendency to have a few round robin stinkers where they'd either lose or have a tough game against a team they were expected to beat. It will be interesting to see if the trend continues under Larionov.
It's very true... the Russians approach the round robin very differently. Eg. Sweden and Canada are very precise, improve every game and rarely lose. Russians seem to take it casually and then amp it up to a million in elimination games. To me, it looks like this awesome swagger where they really don't care who they play in the quarters. Eg. Last year we beat them and they got to the finals. The loss didn't affec tthem on bit!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
:laugh:

I was under that impression given that they started Malik for some reason.
Czech tradition! Even at Seniors.. if we have an NHL goalie, we sit him for the Euro one. Drives me bananas.lol
To answer your question though, I don't know the starting lineups.. I better see Kubicek and Parik/Bednar. I don't blame Malik but back to back is a tough call for anyone.

Reactions: smitty10

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I don't see Pytlik's name anywhere?
Going back to Malik on a back to back after 7 goals
Kubicek is 7th D

FML

I get we don't have the guns to beat Russia but can we at least play our best players to get a chance at winning?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

I don't see Pytlik's name anywhere?
Going back to Malik on a back to back after 7 goals
Kubicek is 7th D

FML

I get we don't have the guns to beat Russia but can we at least play our best players to get a chance at winning?

It is almost 100% sure Pytlik is injured or sick. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It is almost 100% sure Pytlik is injured or sick. Hopefully it is nothing serious.
We have like 5 guys who can score.. can we not at least get 1 game with all of them?lol

Your thoughts on going back to Malik after 7 goals allowed and back to back? This is madness to me personally.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
We have like 5 guys who can score.. can we not at least get 1 game with all of them?lol

Your thoughts on going back to Malik after 7 goals allowed and back to back? This is madness to me personally.

I don't know. Don't see any big difference between the 3 goalies. Malik is known to be mentally strong, I think this is going to be the last of our problems. The absence of Pytlik is more serious. They did not release anything, but if he was 100% healthy he would surely be in the line-up. Perhaps he suffered some minor injury and they want to give him a day off to recover. The truth is that the Austria game is going to be the key one for the Czech team.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Could be injury I guess but I think your bias against him needs to be re-evaluated maybe as well as our praise. He’s definitely one of the most skilled and hopefully gets to prove it. Was one of the few good forwards in the ore tourney game. They’ll need all the skill if they want to beat a stacked Canada
I am too lazy to dig up my posts, but if you do you will find out I considered him a candidate for on of the top6 center spots. I am not going to re-evaluate that for now.

Facts are:

Safonov looks better and better with every game. I see no reason whatsoever he would lose his spot.

Larionov sees Khusnutdinov centering the top line for now. Good or bad, it is what it is.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It's official. I am whispering into Larionov's mind:sarcasm:

He reshuffled the lines and put Afanasiev on the line with Khusnutdinov and Podkolzin, just as me, myself and I suggested:laugh:

New forward lines for tonight's game:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
TSN says Parik
They also say Czechs have won 3 of the last 5 against Russia.. how in the world is that possible? The Russian program is miles ahead of ours currently.

Drinking Kozel did not work against Sweden so I'm switching to Pilsner Urquell for this one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Keys to the game:

Russia: be Russia, score early, score often and blitz us out before the first period is over
Czechs: realize you are not Russia, you lack skill everywhere, be patient, wait for a good chance and drag it out as long as you can soccer style. grind and slow it down and counter attack when you can

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad