Euro Hockey Tour: Czech Hockey Games

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
To be nice to Markström, he hasn't had much to do, at all. He's used to being bombarded all game. It's easy to lose a bit of focus when his faced pressure is so uneven as this.
Isn’t that a main trait of a top tier goalie though? Keeping focus in a slow game.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, but he's rusty. Both goalies need some action. I don't write him off because of that.
No me either, he’s had some good saves aswell a mistake is a mistake goalies are bound to make them aswell.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I’m expecting a surge from Russia in the third like always in the last EHT before the worlds.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I have to say, compared to the old, Swedish national teams, when it was all east-west and not much south-north at all, that has changed so much. I think that's a reason why Sweden is so successful in international hockey. You still have the passing game, the skating, the cycling and so on, but decades ago, the Swedish hockey organization identified they lacked the NA "crash the net and win battles" part to their game.

In the last two golds, it exemplifies exactly that. You have skilled players that either go to the net and battle, or continue to cycle. They can do it all. That's modern hockey and that's why Sweden has been so effective. Skill and battle.
My god how awful isn't Marie Lehmann?
I see the threads complaing about Pierre on NBC. Then I remember we have Lehmann. OMG. "Feministisk kvoteringsanställning" as we call it in Sweden, to make sure the outcome is the same as the equal opportunity. I just tune out when she's talking. It's not that she's female, it's that she sucks and is as charismatic as a wooden plank.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Well, 5 vs 5 looks ok, but bad penalties keep killing us.
Russia is a premier gold candidate this tournament, no question about it. Excellent forwards as always, a bit more strength to the defense than usual and an excellent goalie. This game doesn't say much, it's mostly for building chemistry, but half the team isn't even there for both squads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad