cya clarky

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwidevil

Clarkson is going to have more pressure on him than he has ever had in his life.

He will no longer be a grinder who can score, he will be a guy making high second line cash expected to be a top player on the ice. Pete has bought the best out of him, getting him to concentrate on his offensive game.

Where he goes to next he will be expected to score, fight, hit and lead a team EVERY NIGHT.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I like that Lou seems to be standing strong and letting him walk for the dumb money. Plenty of players that can fill his role in. Clowe being a good example.

All I ask from guys like Clowe and Clarkson is 10 goals and 10 fights. Clowe will likely do it for cheaper.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope whoever signs Clarkson hasn't already used up both of their compliance buyouts for next season. If he gets a contract anywhere close to what he's rumored to be expecting, i can definitely see his new team getting cold feet in the next off-season.

That's no slight to Clarkson, but he's going to be paid to be something he isn't, even if he has a career year and puts up another 30G season it would still be difficult to justify giving him 6M/year. Not to mention, 30G or not, he has other glaring weaknesses in his game that are going to raise concerns for his new suitors.

Wouldn't be shocked at ALL to see Clarkson bought out at the end of the season if he really gets 6M/yr from someone.

You can only use a compliance buyout on contracts on the books before the lockout lol

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
I honestly think that whoever says such nonsenses has either a) never seen Devils game last few seasons, save maybe highlights or b) should be fired instantly from his hockey related job, cause he knows sh*i about it

For ther record - skin them alive, Clarktard :yo:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I really hope he signs with one of our rivals and pulls a Gomez. This is going to be such a train wreck. Can't. Turn. Away.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Someone dig up the speech I wrote for David before the trading deadline.
It will make it easy for him to send it out as a press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad