OT: Cutting the Cable Cord - Streaming the Bruins Legally

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Anyone else that uses NESN360: Do you have trouble selecting the game to play? All my TVs are smart TVs with roku as the service. Every single time I try to watch a game I have to:

1. Open the app and click 'select' on the game. Nothing happens.
2. Move the cursor around a bit
3. Close the app
4. Re-enter the app, select the game again

Now it plays the game. It has driven my irrationally angry all season. Pair that with the (at least) once a game buffering* timeout and I cannot wait to cancel the subscription.

I cant believe I pay $30/month for this terrible app just to watch the Bs. They got me by the short-hairs.

*Please note: I am not a tech/network novice. It's not my signal or wifi, it's something on their end with the app. I've tested every which way.

Reactions: HustleB

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone else that uses NESN360: Do you have trouble selecting the game to play? All my TVs are smart TVs with roku as the service. Every single time I try to watch a game I have to:

3. Close the app

Now it plays the game. It has driven my irrationally angry all season. Pair that with the (at least) once a game buffering* timeout and I cannot wait to cancel the subscription.

I cant believe I pay $30/month for this terrible app just to watch the Bs. They got me by the short-hairs.

*Please note: I am not a tech/network novice. It's not my signal or wifi, it's something on their end with the app. I've tested every which way.
im pretty sure i had that issue too when i tried watching from the app. i only tried the app so i could watch in 4k. but it wasnt worth all the trouble so i just watch on regular nesn.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
im pretty sure i had that issue too when i tried watching from the app. i only tried the app so i could watch in 4k. but it wasnt worth all the trouble so i just watch on regular nesn.
I wish I could go back but when I moved into my house 2 years ago I was already fully away from cable and my entire TV setup relies on smart TV flexibility. I only have one of my (too many) TVs with a center console setup, for example. With Youtube TV + our extra subscriptions + NESN + Internet I'm probably back to close to 200/month, but I love being able to move the family room TV out to the pool, or moving my office TV to the living room and watch TV while playing Playstation.

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville
I have cable/FIOS for my main TV but the other side of the house does not have co-ax. Streaming nesn360 is my only option from my roku on the 2nd TV, the nesn app is awful and always has problems . I experience zero problems on any other streaming app portal, I actually think the espn+ is flawless imo.

May 9, 2010
Weymouth

3. Close the app

Yup, I have the exact routine. Drives me nuts.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Yup, I have the exact routine. Drives me nuts.
I liked your post as an acknowledgement of your reply, which I guess this also accomplishes, just wanted to clarify that I wasn't liking a basic, long standing bug in an app I pay 30/month for...

If I could get away with subpar performance for above market rate maybe I would too. But I'd like to think my character would shine through. Maybe the same reason we're running razor thin margins with super happy staff... but I will say, when the rubber meets the road, the investment pays for itself in triple. Now NESN has a guy that cannot wait to cancel once I don't need it for the Bruins, instead of someone that just keeps another $10/month app just in case.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Yeah, but then you have cable!

I like cable. At least I know what I have when I get cable. Like to me all the streaming apps are a waste of money, especially when all the internet related content I would ever want to watch is either on youtube or something like Great Courses Plus. There's really no reason to buy into a streaming platform except maybe ESPN+ because of MMA and the NHL. Other than that...I can live without most of them. I don't ever use Netflix all too often. Amazon Prime is nice but its nothing major that I couldn't live without. Peacock, Paramount+, and Disney+ are all boring and useless to me. And even with ESPN+, why would I necessarily use it when I can get a third party stream link or torrent a movie/song? I also can't keep my undivided attention to a streaming app. Cable I can do that easily.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Random question.

I have SNnow but will be traveling to Scotland for my honeymoon on the 22nd for two weeks.
Seeing SNnow only works in Canada feel like I'll have to sign up for nhl.tv?

Anyone know if I can pre-sign up? I assume I'll have to use a VPN to sign up but just trying to get my ducks in a row before I head out . Or should I just sign up when I get to a hotel?

Any other ideas of how to watch the games while I'm gone? I'll be ignoring my phone for spoilers and watching really delayed I assume with the time difference/being out and about all afternoon.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Random question.

I have SNnow but will be traveling to Scotland for my honeymoon on the 22nd for two weeks.
Seeing SNnow only works in Canada feel like I'll have to sign up for nhl.tv?

Anyone know if I can pre-sign up? I assume I'll have to use a VPN to sign up but just trying to get my ducks in a row before I head out . Or should I just sign up when I get to a hotel?

Any other ideas of how to watch the games while I'm gone? I'll be ignoring my phone for spoilers and watching really delayed I assume with the time difference/being out and about all afternoon.
I found this link on NHL's website but everything else I researched pretty much said a VPN service.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad