OT: Cutting the Cable Cord - Streaming the Bruins Legally

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I'm bothered that NHL Network isn't on Youtube TV. A lot of playoff games will be on it, I'm afraid.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The NBC 10 Boston is a little complicated. It is called Channel 10 because Comast has it on 10 and 810 but if using rabbit ears it can be found on either 8.1, 15.1 or 60.2 :help:
29683410_616332752053396_6320460138367343922_n.jpg

This is not to be confused with Channel 10 in Providence which is also a NBC station and in Bristol County MA is the only option with cable and DirecTV/Dish.

If you live here you get WBTS which is the callsign of NBC 10 Boston

BOSTON, MA (MANCHESTER, NH) -- Barnstable, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Worcester Counties, MA; Belknap, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham, Strafford Counties, NH; Windham County, VT

If you live here you get WJAR Channel 10 in Providence

PROVIDENCE, RI-NEW BEDFORD, MA -- Bristol County, MA; Bristol, Kent, Newport, Providence, Washington Counties, RI.

If you live here you get NBC on WWLP Channel 22 in Springfield

SPRINGFIELD-HOLYOKE, MA -- Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire Counties, MA.

Connecticut is complicated - as NBC could be either WVIT Channel 30 in Hartford, WJAR 10 Providence or WNBC 4 New York City

HARTFORD & NEW HAVEN, CT -- Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland, Windham Counties, CT.

Vermont is either WPTZ Channel 5 in Plattsburgh, NY or WNNE White River Junction, VT

BURLINGTON, VT-PLATTSBURGH, NY- MONTREAL-- Grafton and Sullivan Counties, NH; Clinton, Essex, Franklin Counties, NY; Addison, Caledonia, Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans, Rutland, Washington, Windsor Counties, VT

Maine is served by either WCSH Channel 6 in Portland or WLBZ Channel 2 in Bangor

PORTLAND-AUBURN, ME --Androscoggin, Cumberland, Franklin, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Sagadahoc, York Counties, ME; Carroll and Coos Counties, NH.

BANGOR, ME -- Hancock,, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Somerset, Waldo, Washington Counties, ME

Berkshire County , MA gets NBC from Channel 13 out of Albany, NY

NESN is available on basic everywhere except Fairfield County, CT as is NBC Sports Boston ( which does NOT carry the NHL )

NBCSN should be available everywhere.

In Atlantic Canada most cable and satellite offers NBC out of Boston

Hope this helps
EXCEPT THE Majority of New England gets WBTS'S Sister station NECN, which does carry WBTS at 4:30-7 AM, AND 4 PM

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Ok @Fenway

So I should have been able to see that bruins /flyers game on "wwlp 22"? I didn't see that at all...would it be listed at the end of the guide due to the "w"? (I'm on playstation vue)

All local chanells on vue are first in the guide.
You prob dont have it. But you can stream it on the nbcsports app next time using your credentials

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Cool ok, do you think they didn't actual list the game as the program and had something else in that slot? Because I tried searching "Bruins flyers nhl Philadelphia" all manners and permutations and it still didn't show during that Sunday game

Also totally missed your sports app line - do you mean ps vue credentials? Why would it let me do that but not have the channel in my actual vue app?

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Cool ok, do you think they didn't actual list the game as the program and had something else in that slot? Because I tried searching "Bruins flyers nhl Philadelphia" all manners and permutations and it still didn't show during that Sunday game

Also totally missed your sports app line - do you mean ps vue credentials? Why would it let me do that but not have the channel in my actual vue app?

According to PSVue's web site only CBS is available in the Springfield DMA so no you wouldn't get WWLP. Believe you can use PS Vue login in the NBC Sports app to watch games on NBC though even if you don't have a local NBC on Vue. I read that but cannot check it as I get the Boston NBC with mine.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

In my area they didnt get NBC until last year. But before that I watched the NBC games via the NBC sports app with Vue credentials. I did the same with games on FOX before we got it here. I watched them on the FOX sports app with Vue credentials/

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
According to PSVue's web site only CBS is available in the Springfield DMA so no you wouldn't get WWLP. Believe you can use PS Vue login in the NBC Sports app to watch games on NBC though even if you don't have a local NBC on Vue. I read that but cannot check it as I get the Boston NBC with mine.

Thanks Darren - what device do you use for the NBC sports app?? I see that it can be used on an Xbox, kinda funny you'd be using it on an Xbox but logging in with a PlayStation vue username and password lol

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Thanks Darren - what device do you use for the NBC sports app?? I see that it can be used on an Xbox, kinda funny you'd be using it on an Xbox but logging in with a PlayStation vue username and password lol

i just use it on my tablet or smartphone.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
Do the Roku - Firestick - Chromecast type devices stream media over the local network?

We brought our 65" plasma out of two-year storage. DLNA was working fine on my wired gigabit Win7 home network prior to storage. Not any more though. What's changed?!?!

Current set up;

-Windows 7
-Wired gigabit network
-Intel Core 2 @2.9, 8MB Ram
-120Mbs Internet through Spectrum

Connecting through the Viera Tools doesn't recognize the server. I tried a software server, Universal Media Server (Universal Media Server) with no success.

Amazon & Netflix apps won't hold their info. I have to run the 'Network Set Up' every time we watch either.

With an OTA outside ant being installed next week I might have all my bases covered with one of those plug ins...

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Kind of necroing this but didn’t want to clutter up the gdt: I currently have Hulu and ESPN+ but Hulu has no nhln so I can’t watch those game (wink wink nudge nudge) but it comes with the cheap ESPN + add on. I was looking at Fubo which has nhln. Not sure if it worth switching and also I need a provider to get Bally Sw because Stars games are stupidly blacked out so unless there is a national feed, there are two more games I miss. Anyone have ideas on options?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Kind of necroing this but didn’t want to clutter up the gdt: I currently have Hulu and ESPN+ but Hulu has no nhln so I can’t watch those game (wink wink nudge nudge) but it comes with the cheap ESPN + add on. I was looking at Fubo which has nhln. Not sure if it worth switching and also I need a provider to get Bally Sw because Stars games are stupidly blacked out so unless there is a national feed, there are two more games I miss. Anyone have ideas on options?
Custom VPN subscriptions from what I've heard but I've never tried it.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Custom VPN subscriptions from what I've heard but I've never tried it.

Mods, delete if necessary.

Get the latest version of Amazon Firestick. This version, which is dirt cheap, includes Amazon's own "Silk" browser. You don't have to jailbreak a thing. Get a VPN, such as Surfshark, (cheap, optimized for Silk, and easy to use) which makes your browsing anonymous to your IP provider and any hackers, while also affording strong, multiple connections from which to view content on the web and various applications downloaded from the Amazon store and, ah, elsewhere.

PM for further redress.

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
I'm out here on the left coast. I use ESPN+ for regular season. But they don't have complete playoff coverage. What paid streaming sites are available to get the channels that covers the NHL Playoffs?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm out here on the left coast. I use ESPN+ for regular season. But they don't have complete playoff coverage. What paid streaming sites are available to get the channels that covers the NHL Playoffs?
i think playoffs are on tnt usa nhl network etc.
you can prob get a cheap cable package that has all of those. maybe minus nhl network.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i have youtube tv and espn+ and can't get the nhl network, i'm going to lose my mind if any games are on it. my fire stick is way behind

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
was just coming in here to find this thread.......

needless to say the $42 for 'local broadcast' fees and some other changes... i'm done with comcast.

looking into streaming (in MA) now and reading thru this thread.

I see a lot of positives on Youtube TV....? any negatives?

Big thing is being able to watch playoff hockey....?

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Right now I am utilizing the following combination to get all of my Bruins hockey:

-Disney Bundle (Includes ESPN+) (I get this through my cell provider, Verizon)
-NESN360 on Apple TV (so I can get 4K home games) - ($29.99/mo) - Will cancel when the season is done, monthly bill with no contract
-SlingTV (so I can get access to TNT) - ($40/mo) - Will cancel when the season is done, monthly bill with no contract

Total of: $70/mo

Reactions: bb_fan

BosBruin2k

Apr 16, 2013
Any town USA
Please help,
Ok wife and I have had it with Comast Xfinity, The only thing I watch on it is NESN for our Bruins and History Channel. (We pay 180.00) Looking to cancel cable and just keep the internet from Xfinity. Was thinking of getting a Roku 4K+ and subscribe to NESN 360 (and finally get to see the Bruins in 4K i'm assuming) Is this the route I should take. We have a Samsung 4k 120hz TV HDR+ Also NESN has the 1st round in the playoffs I forget who gets the rest? Will I be able to catch in on the Roku? Our Internet is 800mb a second.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Please help,
Ok wife and I have had it with Comast Xfinity, The only thing I watch on it is NESN for our Bruins and History Channel. (We pay 180.00) Looking to cancel cable and just keep the internet from Xfinity. Was thinking of getting a Roku 4K+ and subscribe to NESN 360 (and finally get to see the Bruins in 4K i'm assuming) Is this the route I should take. We have a Samsung 4k 120hz TV HDR+ Also NESN has the 1st round in the playoffs I forget who gets the rest? Will I be able to catch in on the Roku? Our Internet is 800mb a second.
prob not. you need sone type of service to get tnt usa and nhl network. thry show playoff games.
you would have to get youtube tv or fubo. maybe even sling or direct tv stream.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Please help,
Download The Xfinity stream on your Samsung TV (assuming it's a smart tv) and login to your Xfinity and you'll still have NESN I do believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad