Cut Down Day - What Should Happen

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I hope Miller is back for the love of all things physical.
Would you play him over Clifton? I assume Carlo and Mcavoy are locks for everyone. Would you play him over any of the LD on his off side?

Swapping Miller and Clifton to me doesn’t move the bar much except for dropping the gloves. Given that I would like to see Clifton hold off Miller.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
She sounds like an amazing woman

She was. Eldest of 6 children, she only got as far the eighth grade. One of her side jobs was playing music to silent movies, she said you had to think fast to come up with the right song/keys to convey the scenes. She also campaigned for women's right to vote. She & Grampa had 4 children but only 2 survived to adulthood. One was my Dad.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
At this point Zboril can eventually give the team John Moore level hockey and be a serviceable 4/6 dman.

With any luck Senyshyn will muster up a Dan Paille type career.

Moore’s been a regular since he was 19 or 20 and the team was way better when he stepped in for Chara last playoffs. Zboril isn’t good in the AHL to this point.

Left D might see a lot of turnover you could lose Chara to age Krug to UFA and might not be able to protect Gryz with Seattle. It’s fine if he’s kept around like Tommy Cross was.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Moore’s been a regular since he was 19 or 20 and the team was way better when he stepped in for Chara last playoffs. Zboril isn’t good in the AHL to this point.

Left D might see a lot of turnover you could lose Chara to age Krug to UFA and might not be able to protect Gryz with Seattle. It’s fine if he’s kept around like Tommy Cross was.

Zboril is good in the AHL. Where'd this take come from?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
Anyone know the reason we would be using LTIR? Just banking space for later?

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Heienen @ +13 --94th in the league is now "hugely-plus"?

Miller @ + 8 -- 158th in the league is "hugely-plus"?

Clifton @ +5 -- 218th int he league is "hugely-plus"?

The only ones from that list that are notable in the +/- department are Bergeron and Carlo @ +23 and +22.

....I'm new to hockey and numbers. But that wasn't specific to Heinen. It was about calling mediocrity in general --- "hugely plus".

wow. those guys are all near the top of the league in pluses per unit of time on ice. they are dudes who make their lines more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. you clearly are new to hockey and numbers -- we agree there.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
wow. those guys are all near the top of the league in pluses per unit of time on ice. they are dudes who make their lines more likely to score and less likely to be scored on. you clearly are new to hockey and numbers -- we agree there.

What would plus 25 be....super hugely plus?

Extra-hugely plus?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Super hugely plus and in no way influenced by linemates, defensemen or the goalie.

Plus/minus is just that super hugely good as metric for individual players.

Any stat that allows the stat fans to find a way to put Heinen, Miller, Clifton and Bergeron in the same stratosphere as hockey players must be a good one.

:sarcasm:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Super hugely plus and in no way influenced by linemates, defensemen or the goalie.

Plus/minus is just that super hugely good as metric for individual players.

I’m not a huge fan of plus/minus as a stat for an individual player, but it can be a good indicator in general of the type of player they are.

For example, if you have a guy that is a minus player on a good defensive team or a guy that is a plus player on a bad team, that tells you something about their game.

I also think that if a player gets limited minutes and has a good plus/minus (better than guys who play more and have a worse plus/minus), that says a lot about a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad