Dreger: Curtis Lazar likely to ask for trade; price is high

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I think that's the most that can be expected.
Especially when Yak is a 3rd and conditional 2nd if he would have scored 15. Yak put up a lot more points than Lazar. Both have their flaws but I'd rate Yak as higher value at the time of his trade than what Lazar is now.

If they get a 3rd, that should be considered maximum value IMO. Not flaming, just being realistic.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
ottawa is just getting the market primed to fleece someone, but are scared to pull the trigger, because, what if he is the awesome player they drafted.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Weird title, can someone explain why Carey Price being on drugs has anything to do with Curtis Lazar demanding a trade.

Because the other alternative makes even less sens :laugh:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is nuts. Before he came into the NHL everyone was talking like he was gonna be a legit 1st line player.
Now he's possibly on the trade table but the price is high.

Do I sound stupid for thinking this sounds kinda like what happened to Yakupov?
I hope that someone out there is willing to cough up a early 2nd or a late first for him now because the longer teams wait the more his value goes down and the less likely that the Sens will get offer they want and his career could be... screwed.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This is nuts. Before he came into the NHL everyone was talking like he was gonna be a legit 1st line player.
Now he's possibly on the trade table but the price is high.

Do I sound stupid for thinking this sounds kinda like what happened to Yakupov?
I hope that someone out there is willing to cough up a early 2nd or a late first for him now because the longer teams wait the more his value goes down and the less likely that the Sens will get offer they want and his career could be... screwed.
Beware of overhype for any player that plays well for Team Canada in the WJC.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It's an off year for Lazar for several reasons, I would keep him around at least until mid way through next season to see what his game looks like with a proper offseason and camp. Too young of a player who has shown flashes to quit on this early.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
he is REALLY bad

I'm really not sure where this view is coming from.

He's devoid of offensive ability, but beyond that he's a decent hockey player. It's not like he's making turnovers in the defensive end every shift, not bringing intensity, not playing well defensively, or being a bad teammate.

He just isn't able to do ANYTHING offensively. That's not a good situation to be in - obviously - but I he's not as bad as he's being made out to be in this thread, and he's 22.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

He's devoid of offensive ability, but beyond that he's a decent hockey player. It's not like he's making turnovers in the defensive end every shift, not bringing intensity, not playing well defensively, or being a bad teammate.

He just isn't able to do ANYTHING offensively. That's not a good situation to be in - obviously - but I he's not as bad as he's being made out to be in this thread, and he's 22.

Agreed. It's not that he's a BAD player, just he's struggling and he's looking to be a mediocre NHL player at best unless he can get out of this slump. But right now, his value is almost at an all time low so he wouldn't fetch a whole lot.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
As a Leaf fan id love to trade for him.
Ideal situation would be to trade for him using a 3rd+prospect type move (not good prospect, just balancing contracts) and stick him in the AHL but I think he would need to get through waivers.

He is a guy who (in my viewings) looks like still has the skill to be a top 6 guy if he pans out, but looks like he could be a top 9 guy if he can get his confidence back maybe even this season.

Since the AHL isnt going to happen, id put him on the 4th line and have him work on faceoffs and 200 ft game.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

As a hockey player what matters is the bottom line.... How much do you impact your team's chance to win when you're on the ice.

For example Burns, he's giving a lot, but he's also creating a ton.

If you are not producing at all like Lazar, the only way you can be effective on the ice is to negate almost 100% of the offense of the opposing team.

To demonstrate my point, In the last two full NHL seasons, the Sens have been outscored at a 2:1 ratio when Lazar is on the ice and that's 5 on 5 (35% GF%). The impact Lazar has on the team is the worst of any regular player in the last two years that played for the Sens including Chris Neil who's at 40%.

So, that being said, when you are not producing at all, there is no way you can be an efficient hockey player. Bottom line is we are dominated every time Lazar is on the ice, outchanced, outshot, outplayed.

Being good defensively is a value added, but it's not relevant if you're not producing because players cannot stop every single scoring chance against. Lazar is simply a net negative on every aspect of the game.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
At this point it's a I'll trade you my prospect that isn't working for us for yours.
I think Ottawa is dreaming if they expect the return to be high.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
In other words, Sens says to Lazar they'll honor the trade request by shopping him, then proceeds by a setting a price so whacky it's akin to not actually honoring the trade request.

Not that they actually HAVE to honor the trade request.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In other words, Sens says to Lazar they'll honor the trade request by shopping him, then proceeds by a setting a price so whacky it's akin to not actually honoring the trade request.

Not that they actually HAVE to honor the trade request.

There has been no actual trade request. This is all speculation

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL

he's not THAT bad, he just couldn't score if his life depended on it

crayzy8

Jul 7, 2009
Carleton Place
As a hockey player what matters is the bottom line.... How much do you impact your team's chance to win when you're on the ice.

For example Burns, he's giving a lot, but he's also creating a ton.

If you are not producing at all like Lazar, the only way you can be effective on the ice is to negate almost 100% of the offense of the opposing team.

To demonstrate my point, In the last two full NHL seasons, the Sens have been outscored at a 2:1 ratio when Lazar is on the ice and that's 5 on 5 (35% GF%). The impact Lazar has on the team is the worst of any regular player in the last two years that played for the Sens including Chris Neil who's at 40%.

So, that being said, when you are not producing at all, there is no way you can be an efficient hockey player. Bottom line is we are dominated every time Lazar is on the ice, outchanced, outshot, outplayed.

Being good defensively is a value added, but it's not relevant if you're not producing because players cannot stop every single scoring chance against. Lazar is simply a net negative on every aspect of the game.

Could you kindly provide your source of the stats you claim here. where did you find that the sens are being outscored 2:1 when Lazar is on the ice. I would like to see this please.

Thank you

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Lazar=VASTLY underrated. He's just slumping HARD. It makes no sense for the Sens to trade him while his value is low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad