Speculation: Curtis Glencross

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nice list. They certainly can't keep playing Rinaldo and Talbot on the third line.

I think depending on the other team some of them could be had really cheap... in the past these guys have been moved for 4th rounders, (Letestu) let go in FA, (Moss, Bergenheim twice!), traded for Enver Lisin (Korpikoski... Lisin, remember him!) and been undrafted and released by 2 teams (Klinkhammer) but I am not really educated enough to know which ones would be cheapest!

If I was playing 'moneypuck' in the capped NHL these kind of guys would be the 3rd liners I would go after, apart from Klinkhammer and Bergenheim (injuries) you know exactly what you are getting... 30 points, ability to move up the lineup, great PKing, character guys who's value outweighs caphit.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
David Moss would be the highest on my list like yours it seems. Korpi wouldn't be bad as well, but would probably cost more.

I am a big Korpikoski fan, he reminds me of Kapanen at times in a weird way, just understated brilliance with the ability to score when no one expects... but the cost relegates him behind Moss... and Moss being a FA after this year is attractive.

Bergenheim would be = with Korpikoski if not for injuries.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just so you know, Glencross is very unlikely to waive his NMC. He took a discount so he could stay in Calgary.

It was no secret he was available last year. Jay Feaster claimed 25 teams called about him. That's not the talk of someone whom isn't available.

Glencross is a good, underrated player. I'd be all for it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It was no secret he was available last year. Jay Feaster claimed 25 teams called about him. That's not the talk of someone whom isn't available.

Glencross is a good, underrated player. I'd be all for it.

He wasn't available, he said he got 25 calls and didn't consider any of them. Glencross wants to be in Calgary if Glencross gets traded it will be vast overpayment to make the Flames even ask GlenX to waive.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He wasn't available, he said he got 25 calls and didn't consider any of them. Glencross wants to be in Calgary if Glencross gets traded it will be vast overpayment to make the Flames even ask GlenX to waive.

just like bouwmeester and just like iginla. Calgary fans on hf are very illogical when trying to determine value for their players.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Value is one thing. What is going to make Glencross waive his NMC... The chance to play for Craig Berube?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
vinny prospal is still out there. he dont cost ya nuttin and hes coming off a decent year. could fit him under the cap at a decent number too. i dont know that we have to make a trade to get the player we need

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
We are talking about Jay Feaster right? Shouldn't we be able to trade say a Philly Cheesesteak for anyone of their players? I thought that was the norm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad