Current KHL players who can make an NHL roster?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I hope, as soon as possible, he does have nothing to prove in the KHL, like nothing at all, he needs to move forward, which means to move to the NHL.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I hope, as soon as possible, he does have nothing to prove in the KHL, like nothing at all, he needs to move forward, which means to move to the NHL.
You get it wrong. A player´s duty is to play hockey, not to prove anything to anybody.

Reactions: Atas2000

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nah, players duty is to play as good as possible and always improve their game, which is possible only vs the strongest opposition.
That is a typical world simplifying narrative. But tell that to Ronaldo in Italy, Messi in Spain or Müller in Germany or for that matter the german NT that won the World Cup in 2014(only four out of 23 on the squad playing in the allegedly best league in the World. The big majority of 16 playing at home in what is considered not even the 2nd best league.). That strongest opposition narrative has to go really.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
That is a typical world simplifying narrative. But tell that to Ronaldo in Italy, Messi in Spain or Müller in Germany or for that matter the german NT that won the World Cup in 2014(only four out of 23 on the squad playing in the allegedly best league in the World. The big majority of 16 playing at home in what is considered not even the 2nd best league.). That strongest opposition narrative has to go really.
Soccer and hockey a) are not the same sports and b) arent even remotely close to having the same structure.

There are several leagues in soccer that can make a case for being the best soccer league in the world. The worlds best soccer players play across different leagues. Most of the worlds best hockey players play in the NHL. Your narrative about the NHL not being the best needs to die. Seriously.

Reactions: Witte49

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Soccer and hockey a) are not the same sports and b) arent even remotely close to having the same structure.

There are several leagues in soccer that can make a case for being the best soccer league in the world. The worlds best soccer players play across different leagues. Most of the worlds best hockey players play in the NHL. Your narrative about the NHL not being the best needs to die. Seriously.
Football and soccer are not the same sports, but team sports have very much in common in that regard as the premise is pretty much in general performance of players not going into specific aspects of different sports. It's not about improving skating or stickwork, it's about what kind of competition is needed for players to develop and it's obvious from every team sport out there the narrative about best possible competition can't hold it's ground i.e. it's obviously not wrong to play against the best, but results suggest it's not wrong either to not play against the best all the time in a regular season league. Only in hockey the NHL deliberately sabotages the real top level competition that is not happening because of some people who should be inducted in the hockey hall of shame.

There is no magically different structure in football. The english Premier League is undoubtedly the best league overall. But all the best not playing there just proves my point. Do they regress in other leagues? No. They even beat the best players from the Premier at higher level events. You don't need to constantly play in the best league.

Your narrative anout my "narrative" is what has to go. You are putting words in my mouth I never said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad