Current KHL players who can make an NHL roster?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Could ilya mikheyev play in nhl and be a star? U think he ever tries?

Also, who has better potential to become star dman in nhl zub or demidov?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Could ilya mikheyev play in nhl and be a star? U think he ever tries?

Also, who has better potential to become star dman in nhl zub or demidov?
Mikheev could be a midlle of the pack 3rd liner maybe, but why? There are tons of comparable players.

Zub got better, but I still don't see that much potential.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How's rykov been doing this season? Stats don't look great. Any chance he comes over to the nhl anytime soon?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why isn't Hudler back in the KHL ? I remember once he left the NHL cause he didn't think it was good place for soft players like him but then came back & had 76 points in 78 games.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just saw that Darren Dietz is putting up crazy points in the KHL, and before he seemed to be just a big defense-man, who got a lot of penalty minutes in the AHL. What's going on with him?

It is pretty weird how he has developed but it's just one of those cases of late bloomer. Maione scored 9 points in his final season in junior. Dietz has a very nasty, accurate shot and is playing a huge number of minutes. I guess it wasn't the case in the AHL while in junior he did score 24 goals in his final season.

Why isn't Hudler back in the KHL ? I remember once he left the NHL cause he didn't think it was good place for soft players like him but then came back & had 76 points in 78 games.

Well, Hudler is out of the NHL because he is demanding cocaine to be brought to him on planes, evidently. I think nobody would fulfill his request in the KHL either so why would he play here, he has made his money to live the life he wants.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Because his cocaine dealer resides in the Czech Republik I guess.

Reactions: Exarz

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I just saw that Darren Dietz is putting up crazy points in the KHL, and before he seemed to be just a big defense-man, who got a lot of penalty minutes in the AHL. What's going on with him?
Barys is exactly the team for this kind of stuff. Year after year they have NA players carrying them and scoring a lot... and causing the endless debates because NA fans assume their point totals represent the level of the league

Only they can't win anything with that team. So far only Dawes performed as expected elsewhere.

No surprises here.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What is the average KHL salary for a former NHL player if they play over there.
It depends on how good the player is and what team he plays for. It can be anywhere from 300k to 2 million euros. In rare cases it can be more than that but it mostly applies to veteran Russian players. Kulyomin is reportedly being paid 3,2 million per year, for example.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Hopefully after his rights are traded by Vegas. He should go to a team with a proper roster.
What are you even talking about lol, if you paid attention Vegas has one of the better teams in the league and have some of the best prospects in their pipeline.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What are you even talking about lol, if you paid attention Vegas has one of the better teams in the league and have some of the best prospects in their pipeline.
I said skilled linemates, not a rather good team overall in the standings. If you don't understand the difference you should work on your hockey knowledge. Vegas' success by the way sheds some light on the overall level of the league which is declining. Sorry, playing with Marchessault and Tuch was barely a childhood dream for Gusev. His former linemate Kucherov has 12 more points than those two combined.

And I sincerely don't care how good those prospects will be in 5 years(if GMGM does't trade them like Forsberg). Gusev is not a 19y.o.. It's about guys he is going to play with right away.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I said skilled linemates, not a rather good team overall in the standings. If you don't understand the difference you should work on your hockey knowledge. Vegas' success by the way sheds some light on the overall level of the league which is declining. Sorry, playing with Marchessault and Tuch was barely a childhood dream for Gusev. His former linemate Kucherov has 12 more points than those two combined.

And I sincerely don't care how good those prospects will be in 5 years(if GMGM does't trade them like Forsberg). Gusev is not a 19y.o.. It's about guys he is going to play with right away.
Vegas' success in no way indicates a 'decline of talent' in the league. Theres more talent entering the league every year so you dont know anything and actually need to work on your hockey knowledge. And also Gusev can wish to play with Kucherov all he wants, but even if he had his choice Tampa wouldnt have the cap space to take him on for even a year.

Also your ignorant argument about Vegas' players means you know nothing. Providing that Gusev can actually adapt to the NHL he would thrive in Vegas, and Vegas already has a respectable roster that can compete and a good pipeline of prospects. Work on your hockey knowledge.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Vegas' success in no way indicates a 'decline of talent' in the league. Theres more talent entering the league every year so you dont know anything and actually need to work on your hockey knowledge. And also Gusev can wish to play with Kucherov all he wants, but even if he had his choice Tampa wouldnt have the cap space to take him on for even a year.

Also your ignorant argument about Vegas' players means you know nothing. Providing that Gusev can actually adapt to the NHL he would thrive in Vegas, and Vegas already has a respectable roster that can compete and a good pipeline of prospects. Work on your hockey knowledge.
You mix up knowledge with telling what you were told by your media. I evaluate the league based on what I see and what I've seen in the past, not on what all the media fanboys hired to make tge league look good tell me.

Yzermann made a decision. Maybe it was the wrong one. But I never said Gusev should play with Kucherov. Kucherov was brought up for comparison, because he happens to be Gusev's former linemate and because he leads the NHL in points.

Shipachyov has already tried Vegas and GMGM. I would advise Gusev to stay away from that particular team.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I have a feeling that McPhee wanted some Russian to accompany Shipachyov but Gusev decided to stay in his homeland. Obviously it didn't work with Ship and that may have negatively affected Gusev's NHL aspirations, especially with Golden Knights.

McPhee was willing to select trash (Garrison) in expansion draft to get Gusev after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->