Current best Canadian Winger?

Who is the current best Canadian winger?

• Total voters

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Stone is better than Marchand offensively and defensively.
Really annoys me when people just look at point totals and act like they tell anything.
"Just point totals"? Marchand's a fantastic possession player and Bruins' best penalty killer, better than Bergeron. Who do you think he is, exactly? Some one-dimensional, offensive scoring winger?

Marchand is closer to Stone defensively than Stone is to Marchand offensively.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
@ccman68 I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you haven't posted since, but you can't just say something like that that goes so against any kind of objective analysis and not back it up in any way, shape or form.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Why is Huberdeau not in this poll? You'd think someone that scored 92 points last season would be in contention.

I thought about adding him but I guess I figured it was unlikely anyone would vote for him before the 4 listed above (Marner also may have been a stretch though - I acknowledge that).

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Went with Hall. His success in his recent circumstances is very impressive.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Marchand is head and shoulders above stone, I don't even think it's close tbh. Stone is the second best, but only by a little over marner and hall who I would describe as interchangable

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
By close like how a 60 point scorer is close to a 90 point scorer?

Yeah sure that's the same logic people tried to argue Toews was better than Malkin.

Stone has put up 160 points in his last 152 games (including playoffs). Calling him a 60 point player is an understatement.

That said, I still personally take Marchand, unless Stone closes the gap offensively (which might happen this year).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stone has put up 160 points in his last 152 games (including playoffs). Calling him a 60 point player is an understatement.

That said, I still personally take Marchand, unless Stone closes the gap offensively (which might happen this year).

Stone has yet to post a season above 73 points, I was referring to the 30 point gap between them last season. Marchand has been at 100 point pace over his last 191 games, the gap between them offensively is larger than the defensive gap considering Marchand is one of if not the best PKing forward in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad