TV: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 9

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

"Oh hi Mr. Schwimmer, this is Larry David. I just want to say, you ****ing *******! What's your ****ing problem you *****?"

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Mommy, mommy, that bald man's in the bathroom and there's something hard in his pants!

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
swanwhack3.gif

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
AMAZING start to the season and the theme is excellent. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

"Larry David's office. What the **** is up?"

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Great start. Thrilled that this is back on the air.

Pretty obvious that Cheryl and Ted Danson are gonna start dating, right? That's gonna be fun.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Wow - I am surprised you all seemed to have loved it so much. I liked it and am very happy to have it back, but I thought it was below average for the series on the whole. It seemed a little tongue-in-cheek at times - recapping catch phrases and whatnot - which I didn't care for. They also seemed to have shot it a little grander too, maybe to play up the series return as an event? I prefer the small universe feel of the original too. I am sure they will find their stride, but I don't think they have found their rhythm yet.

Reactions: td_ice

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I was a little worried from the trailer but that was a great episode. A little different from before, still hilarious.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Wow - I am surprised you all seemed to have loved it so much. I liked it and am very happy to have it back, but I thought it was below average for the series on the whole. It seemed a little tongue-in-cheek at times - recapping catch phrases and whatnot - which I didn't care for. They also seemed to have shot it a little grander too, maybe to play up the series return as an event? I prefer the small universe feel of the original too. I am sure they will find their stride, but I don't think they have found their rhythm yet.

Agreed, I think people are so happy it's back that they're overlooking the quality of that ep. The whole thing felt off and not up to par with most of the show. Larry David has earned the benefit of the doubt though, and I agree with you that the show will likely hit its stride at some point.

Reactions: td_ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad