TV: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 9

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
For someone who's watched the show sparingly and wants to get real deep into it, is there a season where it starts firing on all cylinders? Or should I just start at season 1 if I'm gonna binge watch the thing. Was a huge fan of seinfeld and Larry's comedy style, just never had the time to watch the show for whatever reason.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For someone who's watched the show sparingly and wants to get real deep into it, is there a season where it starts firing on all cylinders? Or should I just start at season 1 if I'm gonna binge watch the thing. Was a huge fan of seinfeld and Larry's comedy style, just never had the time to watch the show for whatever reason.

It hit the ground running - just watch from the beginning. It's not like Seinfeld where the first couple seasons were a feeling-out process.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

It hits multiple different levels for different people I think.

I think season 4 stands out for me, with Larry being cast in The Producers. Words can't fully describe the joy I get from that season. Or season 5 when Larry has a religious reawakening of sorts and Richards needs a kidney.

Then you have Leon and the introduction of "The Blacks". Then the Seinfeld reunion... on and on... and even when you don't have these enormous cameos and whatnot, when it's just Jeff and Larry, it's still gold.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California

This news came at a funny time for me, as I hadn't watched the show until a couple of months ago and currently on season 8. Just as I did, I recommend starting from the beginning. I've enjoyed every season.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It hits multiple different levels for different people I think.

I think season 4 stands out for me, with Larry being cast in The Producers. Words can't fully describe the joy I get from that season. Or season 5 when Larry has a religious reawakening of sorts and Richards needs a kidney.

Then you have Leon and the introduction of "The Blacks". Then the Seinfeld reunion... on and on... and even when you don't have these enormous cameos and whatnot, when it's just Jeff and Larry, it's still gold.

I found season 3 a little weak it be honest. The episode with Cheri Oteri was annoying.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
2yzcs92.jpg

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Heh, my fiancé and I just started watching this show. We got HBO Go about a year ago. We had to get through The Wire, The Sopranos, and Game of Thrones first, but I'm glad we chose to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was either that or Deadwood. We decided to go with CYE since we had just finished The Sopranos, and wanted to watch something more light hearted. Almost on season 3 now. It's one of those show we can sit down and watch 2-3 episodes in a row. I love how the episodes are short but sweet. Also, it may be the best show to watch while you're home with you spouse having a few brews. Good stuff.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Heh, my fiancé and I just started watching this show. We got HBO Go about a year ago. We had to get through The Wire, The Sopranos, and Game of Thrones first, but I'm glad we chose to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was either that or Deadwood. We decided to go with CYE since we had just finished The Sopranos, and wanted to watch something more light hearted. Almost on season 3 now. It's one of those show we can sit down and watch 2-3 episodes in a row. I love how the episodes are short but sweet. Also, it may be the best show to watch while you're home with you spouse having a few brews. Good stuff.

You have not seen it before? I envy you, this show is gold, enjoy your binge watching.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You have not seen it before? I envy you, this show is gold, enjoy your binge watching.

I have not. I'm glad I started watching it. I went from The Wire to The Sopranos, so I needed something that wasn't so in-depth and serious all the time. CYE is a great change of pace compared to what I've been watching. That being said, both The Wire and The Sopranos are incredible shows. Grade 'A' stuff right there.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
*JLD walks out of Larry's house angrily after screaming at his neighbor *

'' Hey, great, you met Julia Louis-Dreyfus! ''
'' Well, I wouldn't call that a meeting...more like an encounter...''
'' What, why are you squibbling about semantics? It wasn't a pleasant meeting, it wasn't a long meeting, but it was, nonetheless, a meeting! ''

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

'' Actually, I find it a little bit selfish that you'd want both of us to...perish. ''
'' So you'd be fine going on without me? ''
'' Well, it would be, very difficult at first, sure, but hopefully I could, at some point, get back some semblance of a life...''

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Can't wait for the new season. Wife and I have been rewatching Seinfeld from start to finish, and have less than 15 episodes left. Perfect excuse to move onto this after that for a full rewatch.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

'' Our incredibly talented daughter Sammy, as our gift to you, is going to sing you a special song. ''

'' That's a gift? Are you kidding? How is that a gift? ''

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad