TV: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Coming Back for Season 11

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from ew.com:

The wait between seasons 8 and 9 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was just over six years. This time, it’ll be just over two.

Season 10 of Larry David’s cantankerous comedy will premiere in January, HBO revealed. David began filming the 10th season in the fall of 2018. Details are scant per usual, but series star Jeff Garlin revealed on The Last Laugh podcast that Vince Vaughn would have a multi-episode arc.

Season 9 of the show that features the Seinfeld co-creator playing a warped version of himself concluded with the implosion of Fatwa! The Musical, Larry’s theatrical production with Lin-Manuel Miranda and F. Murray Abraham. The fatwa that had been placed on Larry’s head for mocking the ayatollah was canceled but, in the final scene of the season, an Iranian unaware of this development chased Larry down the street.

David has been taking a season-by-season approach to continuing the show he began in 2000. In the season 10 renewal announcement, he joked: “As I’ve said many times, when one has the opportunity to annoy someone, one should do so.”

Full story here: Watch the first teaser for 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' season 10

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Would you say it was a pretty....pretty.....pretty....pretty good surprise ????

9BA5A67F-AC67-42B2-B354-9A91843F1000.jpeg

Reactions: BostonBob

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't wait.

I know they did it already with SNL, but would love to see Bernie Sanders somehow incorporated into the season.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
For those interested Larry David will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert this Wednesday ( Jan. 8th ) and then Friday ( Jan. 10th ) he will be on Late Night with Seth Meyers. I would think that the majority of these interviews will focus on the upcoming season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. :thumbu:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Pretty pretty... good season premiere last night. I laughed a lot.

Episode 1 spoilers:

Larry using the MAGA hat to get out of social obligations and undesirable situations was genius.:laugh::laugh: Seems like the overarching storyline this season will be Larry's coffee shop, him trying to win Cheryl back and Larry getting MeToo'd. Lots of good material there for a season. The only thing I wasn't a big fan off was Larry breaking that selfie stick and him buying that property to get back at Mocha Joe, that just seems way to out of character for Larry to do so much work to get revenge.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Pretty pretty... good season premiere last night. I laughed a lot.

Episode 1 spoilers:

Larry using the MAGA hat to get out of social obligations and undesirable situations was genius.:laugh::laugh: Seems like the overarching storyline this season will be Larry's coffee shop, him trying to win Cheryl back and Larry getting MeToo'd. Lots of good material there for a season. The only thing I wasn't a big fan off was Larry breaking that selfie stick and him buying that property to get back at Mocha Joe, that just seems way to out of character for Larry to do so much work to get revenge.

As much as sticks are dumb and I would love to break them, it was instantly out of place for LD to do that

Also, man everyone has noticeably aged except Larry

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I kinda thought more would come out of Larry knocking over the scooters.

Other than that, terrific start.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I thought Larry looked a bit aged. He's always looked old anyway, so he's still averaging out.

Great episode; didn't miss a beat!

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Been a good season so far, funny enough before I saw this past weeks episode I was watching the episode where Larry tries to buddy it up with the Orthodox Jew who is head of the kidney consortium. I think it was when he was stuck on the ski lift with his daughter and Larry tells her he is a very good doodler. Guess they forgot about that

Reactions: cupcrazyman

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The "guess your weight" scene when Larry was twirling everyone around was f***ing hilarious. :laugh: And the ending of the episode, Larry staying behind with the coffee beans on the tarmac was just a classic Larry move.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad