Recalled/Assigned: Cunningham recalled

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cunningham looking more comfortable- great for him to forever be an NHL player; love to see him get one

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
He looked pretty good out there, I've seen enough in one game to already prefer him over the slow Caron.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Agreed with you guys- he looked very good in his first NHL game. At this point, and granted only after one game, I'd say he's a better stop-gap than Fraser for sure and possibly even Johnson. Johnson looked pretty lost when elevated into a top 9 role.

Though I do have to say Cunningham's first NHL shift was hilarious. A clearing attempt hits his skate and bounces right to a Flame in front for a great scoring chance, Cunningham regains possession 3 seconds later and toe picks, manages to get it out of the zone but then gets smoked along the boards. Welcome to the show kid.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Showed really well. Good wheels, simple plays, played with some jam and got the puck to the net. Only one game, but didn't see anything that would indicate he isn't a viable bottom 6/3 NHLer.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
@JamieErdahl: #Bruins stuff -- Kevan Miller & Craig Cunningham back to Providence @AHLBruins.. Dave Warsofsky recalled, should make NHL debut vs Buffalo

Sounds like a waiver issue for Miller / approaching ineligibilty. Too bad, he's played well.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Kid looked good, why'd they send him down?

My guess...he was recalled on an emergency basis, and once the emergency is done he needs to be returned. If he was called for Iginla's finger (when they thought he may not be able to go) and Iginla appears to be fine, then Cunningham heads back south on 95.

I would doubt it's Paille who's ready to return.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

Liked him tonight. NOTICED him (in a good way). To me, that's something.

I feel as though he has Greg Campbell-like upside. Nothing too spectacular, but a heads-up player who is great to have on your bottom two lines. Team cat with a good attitude. He's a fit in Boston.

Cunningham made a couple really long stretch passes in his NHL debut that surprised me. And it's not like he was attempting them all game and was constantly getting picked off... he picked his spots very well on those long diagonals.

Obviously his overall play is more important, and i was almost immediately more impressed with Craig than i was with Fraser (although the latter has an awesome, quick release on his shot), but those tape-to-tape stretch passes in a debut do say something about the kid's confidence in himself and his on-ice vision.

I'm kind of disappointed they are sending him back down... Miller too, even though i understand the circumstances with the whole 10 game waivers thing.

Cunningham could've used a couple more games, he wasn't a liability. The silver lining with all these injuries is that we can see what our prospects are made of.

I hope Caron has a hot streak and Chia sells high so some of the Providence boys get more burn :D

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Going forward I'm really happy to have Fraser and Cunningham as our 13/14th forwards and guys who can get some play on higher lines if injuries strike. Think Cunningham is better than Fraser right now and a little bit more reliable but Fraser has the upside given his sniping abilities.

Johnson and Caron shouldn't play over them anymore IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad