Recalled/Assigned: Cunningham recalled

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
really hoping Iginla's finger doesn't require surgery. Remember when Chara had a bad finger a couple years ago and played half the season with it and needed surgery in the summer? It was his top hand as well i think and I remember it really taking something off his shot. Here's hoping Iginla's finger can just be re-set and heal on its own

bcinterruption

Nov 2, 2006
Boston
Lovely. Everyone's so pleased and proud because Iginla "answers the bell" after delivering a clean hit. End result: one of our best players is out now with an injury. So stupid. But hey Iginla punched Kesler a few times so I guess that's worth it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Lovely. Everyone's so pleased and proud because Iginla "answers the bell" after delivering a clean hit. End result: one of our best players is out now with an injury. So stupid. But hey Iginla punched Kesler a few times so I guess that's worth it.

Iginla received what he perceived was a dirty hit and was defending himself. That's not "answering the bell," that getting pissed off during a violent game and reacting in anger. I don't applaud or condemn - crap happens and guys get hurt.

bcinterruption

Nov 2, 2006
Boston
Iginla received what he perceived was a dirty hit and was defending himself. That's not "answering the bell," that getting pissed off during a violent game and reacting in anger. I don't applaud or condemn - crap happens and guys get hurt.

I suppose it's possible that I'm remembering it wrong. That game stunk and I've blacked it out of my brain as best as possible. But I thought Iginla hit Kesler and Kesler went after him. I'll have to watch the replay.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Thank you for confirming my total lack of faith in BC and it's students/former students and college hockey fans in general.

You don't want a goon on the team but get upset when a star fights. Sorry sparky but fighting ain't going anywhere. Though it is nice to have contact with one of the 7% of people in fighting polls that say it should be banned. You have expanded my horizons. I feel much more complete as a human being now.

bcinterruption

Nov 2, 2006
Boston
Thank you for confirming my total lack of faith in BC and it's students/former students and college hockey fans in general.

You don't want a goon on the team but get upset when a star fights. Sorry sparky but fighting ain't going anywhere. Though it is nice to have contact with one of the 7% of people in fighting polls that say it should be banned. You have expanded my horizons. I feel much more complete as a human being now.

So you think it's worth it that Iginla is out. That's fine. I don't. You're entitled to your opinion. Not sure why my opinion required such a snotty response.

You're also right that I don't want some lumbering goon on the team. Someone like Thornton, Campbell, or McQuaid fighting is a different story than having a Parros-type.

I agree with the person above that players fighting with visors is pretty dumb and dangerous. The NHL is putting themselves in this spot with these half measures that condemn fighting (the helmet rule, etc) while still allowing it. Here's another consequence of it. People are going to disagree on what the best way is to deal with those consequences.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Can we like, stop having injuries? And illnesses? I don't think we can be called the Boston Bruins anymore, I think we are now the Providence Bruins :sarcasm:

I hope Iggys finger heals quickly...he was starting to get hot, and having one of our top forwards out for a long time is the last thing this team needs.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So you think it's worth it that Iginla is out. That's fine. I don't. You're entitled to your opinion. Not sure why my opinion required such a snotty response.

You're also right that I don't want some lumbering goon on the team. Someone like Thornton, Campbell, or McQuaid fighting is a different story than having a Parros-type.

I agree with the person above that players fighting with visors is pretty dumb and dangerous. The NHL is putting themselves in this spot with these half measures that condemn fighting (the helmet rule, etc) while still allowing it. Here's another consequence of it. People are going to disagree on what the best way is to deal with those consequences.

Fair enough, the anti fighting crowd has been really bugging me the last few days and, well, going by your screen name I'm assuming a former Eagle and therefore a fair target :D (BU Alum 1985-1989)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

This is a good point.

If the Bruins had acquired a goon to fill in during Thornton's suspension, Iggy could have simply skated back to the bench and told the new goon that Kesler had hit him.

Then the next time the Kessler line was on the ice, Claude could have sent the new goon out to take care of business, and Iggy wouldn't have gotten hurt!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad