Post-Game Talk: Cue the Hysteria - Game 4 Plus/Minus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yes. Do people here actually expect hard hitting truths from sports pressers?

spoiler: I'm in the media. I cover a football team. I attend scrums and what not. I do interviews. When I first started out, I would ask the most ridiculous questions. They were interesting, i think, but they weren't hard-hitting, either.

The thing I've learned over time is that there is a segment of fans that never wants to talk Xs and Os and hard-hitting analysis. It's just the way it is. So you have to have a balance. But you also have to have the internal confidence and external respect (given, not received) to approach the people you cover in an honest manner. Ask them the questions that have to be asked when it's time to ask it.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
praying TV is the answer but i'll be surprised if just a goalie change is enough.

either way, it beats watching fleury look like a little kid out there. i never seen someone have more trouble covering the puck in my life.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The worst part about newspapers dying is that it's opened the door for desperate media outlets to get into beds with the people they cover. Good for the bottom line, bad for your soul.

As well put as possible. Don't bit the hand that feeds you.

Here would be my questions if I wasn't scared of being banned from the building:

1) Why has the team's style changed so drastically from the one that won the Cup?

2) Why are opposing team's point men often so open? Don't you think that the forwards playing slightly higher would eliminate a lot of zone time for the Islanders?

3) Don't you think that skaters like Joe Vitale and Tyler Kennedy would go a long way in providing a lot of energy and speed against a team that seems to have an abundance of it?

4) When teams are waiting to pounce on your stretch pass, wouldn't it be advisable to have at least 2 forwards curl back to help on the breakout?

5) Seeing as how many of your team's defensemen aren't able to move the puck quickly or skate themselves out of trouble, do you now regret not playing Simon Despres a little more often during the regular season in order to gear him up for a playoff run in case he was needed?

6) Don't you think that adding a speed player like Vitale on your third line would help make it more effective as a "checking" line.

7) If you don't start Vokoun, you should be fired.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Pittsburgh media is a ****ing joke. That's all there is to it.

Bunch of PR schill whorebags. Way to give the coach 3 minutes of softball practice you HACKS.

At least have the balls to ASK a tough question then if he declines to answer or dodge you can hold your head up and said you did your job, if nothing else.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
praying TV is the answer but i'll be surprised if just a goalie change is enough.

either way, it beats watching fleury look like a little kid out there. i never seen someone have more trouble covering the puck in my life.

I don't know if Vokoun will be the answer, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Fleury definitely was not playing like a goalie capable of carrying the team in the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Ya that was especially bad. No asking about canceled practice. Iginlas wing.

Oh well. At least we know Vokoun is starting

Iginla was asked about playing the LW. He said it's not an issue. Many noses were grown on this day.

////

Why do the Penguins keep going out of their way to tell us that they never took the Islanders lightly? Who cares. You're still tied, how you took them is irrelevant.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
If Vokoun wins tommorow, hes the starter.

I think its that simple. Fleury is a garbage goaltender. My initial prediction of Vokoun starting game 2 was flawed. I assumed too many things that had to happen.

1. The Pens had to prove the Islanders were a joke team they could beat easily. Sort of like the control group of the experiment. They did this in game 1.

2. Next, they had to prove Fleury was the problem. This was a bit trickier, because even though he sucked all kinds of nut in game 2.. people still were still delusional. Game 3 could have been another statement, and it was, but the Pens needed to win just to stay alive. Game 4 was the necessary exclamation point. A three game journey to paint us a clear picture. This team is fighting for its life against an inferior opponent because of the grease boy goaltender.

So, initially, i should have predicted game 5. The outcome will still be the same though. Pens in 6. Go Vokoun. Played for the joke Panthers his whole career. Got yanked around by the joke Capitals organization last year. Didn't exactly get the opportunity that grease boy Fleury got handed when he was drafted into this team. But now its changed. This is his chance now.

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
The Coon gives us a chance. Like other posters have said, if our goaltender had allowed no own-goals this series would already be over!

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Gotta scrap and claw and fight. And excecute. And be better. And play our game. And credit the Islanders.

Important, important stuff. My image of this team from last night is completely re-solidified. I'm going to go buy some merchandise and season tickets.

Resistence is futile.

ericstrat1

Oct 29, 2010
Also, just my observation, but the team seems to play harder in front of TV. Am I imagining that?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Gotta scrap and claw and fight. And excecute. And be better. And play our game. And credit the Islanders.

Important, important stuff. My image of this team from last night is completely re-solidified. I'm going to go buy some merchandise and season tickets.

What's funny is I don't picture either of their two most important/best players as primadonnas or overly concerned with their image. Not sure where this is coming from.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Also, just my observation, but the team seems to play harder in front of TV. Am I imagining that?

yes. The team put up some real defensive stinkers in front of TV. But I think this might be as much for the team's benefit (as in, WAKE THE **** UP) as it is a Fleury punishment

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Voukon really just has to outplay Nabokov.

We have a chance to win Game 5 and i'm happy about it.:handclap:

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

Resistence is futile.

:)

Hopefully if hes willing to put in Vokoun, he's willing to put in some speed into the lineup. Don't care who goes or comes, just get some speed, 2 bodies please

I think Vokoun will have a great affect on this team. They love Fleury, they all do, but they were playing without confidence largely because of him. And the love for Fleury and getting him benched (okay he did it himself but they could have helped him out a bit more) shoudl further motivate.

Wish he yanked Fleury after the 3rd goal yesterday, I dont think we are 2-2 if they do. But oh well, new series with home ice. Get er done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad