Status
Not open for further replies.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
+We looked better at times on defense
+Breakout/F3 high changes were made
+we have TV
+Crosby not hurt

------- Fleury - Sorry bro, maybe only 2 of those were terrible, but they were terrible and you should feel bad

------- Malkin - Turnover machine

-------- Letang - Turnover Machine #2

------------------------ HCDB - Team has no fire, just like their coach. Has no control over this team, poor lineup choices. Doesn't pull Fleury. Awful Awful Awful

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Letang and Malkin had very mixed games. Letang made some heroic plays at times but he also made some utterly terrible ones. Malkin had the key turnover that lead to the loss.

I was disappointed in Sid's line. None of them had any jump tonight. Malkin's line at least had jump even if they played inconsistently.

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
+ Getting the win in the last game so the series is 2-2, not 1-3
+ Fleury sucking so badly that DB has no choice but to start Vokoun next

- The rest

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
+sutter looked better
-fleury
- malkins turnovers
- all the old, slow guys looked particularly old, slow

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
+Crosby
+Sutter

-Fleury.......proving why he should have been traded in the offseason but no Shero wanted him to be the all time winningest goalie in Pens history...at our expense of winning.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
- 6-4
- 2-2
- Fleury
- Cheering when Crosby took a puck to the neck.

+ Guy behind the Islanders' bench wearing a Whalers jersey.

Gut punch of a loss. Shades of last year. I actually thought the team looked decent for the most part, but two of those goals were really ugly. Hoping we see Vokoun next game.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't think im exaggerating when i say that could be MAF last start as a penguin, it will be TV rest of the way this year, you cant bring back MAF next year after all these playoff performances.

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
Plus to the Islander's fans at the game. Throwing the trash on the ice throughout the game helps keep the trash off the streets of the city. :shakehead

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
i've been bashing fleury and bylsma pretty hard for like the past year now, but the last goal tonight made me go from pissed at MAF/HCDB to pitying them. fleury looked totally defeated. bylsma looked totally flummoxed.

they are both good guys, who have given a lot to this team. and they just want this team to win, exactly as we do.

but god damn do they suck at their respective roles.

honest question, is there any way HCDB starts fleury next game? he obviously plays favorites, but he has to know that if he puts fleury in, he's going down with him. is he going to start worrying about his own job or continue to stick to his guns?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
So glad we benched BB to get a good 5 min of ice time out of Tanner Glass. Oh Tanner managed to be on the ice for a goal against in just 5 min.

Can't fix stupid. The fix is so easy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They have to beat us at home guys. It ain't happening. Not with Vokoun in net.

switch23

Sep 22, 2010
2dsfg4s5d4f6.png

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
There is no other story to this game worth speaking of

--- FLEURY

He is the reason this game went the way it did. he is the reason why the Pens have been 0-3 in their last 3 playoff series. Its not the defense. Its never been the defense. We've watched our 6th and 7th string guys leave the team and become 1st string guys on other squads. Our defensemen are heroes for what they do. This team is resilient beyond belief against the ongoing tide of putrid goaltending provided by their inept useless teammate.

I think this had to happen. If we win this series or lose, Fleury is done with the Penguins. It should have happened a lot sooner, but our coach is slow and very stubborn. Our fanbase was oddly infatuated with this guy when they never should have been. Every other team in the league would have pulled the plug 2 years ago. So we suffered for it. But now its over.

oddly.. i'm very relieved right now.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 30s
Bylsma does directly respond to questions about starting Vokoun in game 5.
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More

and whats the verdict!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1. Fleury absolutely sucked. He sucked so bad that he masked the other exercises in sucktitude.

2. Every single Pens player today sucked, period. Malkin and Letang were the only ones who really showed anything early, but then they **** the bed.

3. The Iginla-Malkin-Neal line sucked. They scored twice tonight, but each goal was the result of an Isles breakdown. Outside of that, what did they have . . . one great chance?

4. The Crosby line sucked. Yes, the Crosby line sucked. **** the narrative. The Isles top two lines have been better.

5. Bylsma sucks. I really want to say every one of those bone headed plays is solely the players fault, but I can't. When you're along the boards and you've got NOWHERE to go with the puck, then it's pretty clear that Capuano game planned tonight by reading 'Coaching for Dummies'.

The Pens still may survive this round, but they're getting coached, goaltended, and hustled out of the playoffs at some point very, very soon.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't know if I can honestly give anyone a plus in this game.

But hopefully this is it. This is the wake up call they need. They've worked too hard during the year to just let it all fall apart now. Vokoun will start the next game and calm the team down.

But seriously, we need to make changes. We need to shake things up. The "best line in hockey" didn't do anything tonight.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
+ The game is over.
- Everything else.

Absolutely nothing redeeming to take away from that farce of a game.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Another thing I don't get is this "optional practice" BS.

When you've let in as many goals as we have and are tied 2-2 series wise with the ******* ISLANDERS of all teams!!!!! then practice should be ****ing MANDATORY!!!! For everybody!!!!!

Bag skate them all until they ****ing puke!!!!! Am I right????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad