Red Sox/MLB Cubs’ Theo Epstein stepping down as president of baseball operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Did you see this one? I don't care about bat flips in general but I don't see any value in a guy launching a bat to the moon either. Maybe a hockey player should do that after scoring.

love it. The only thing that would have made that better is the boo’s from the crowd this dude would have received.

hockey players do get wild after scoring goals and, to my knowledge, hasn’t soaked panties like a bat flip does to a pitcher in baseball.

I love emotion in sports, especially baseball where it’s lacking. So I love a pitcher getting all pissed. I love a mega bat flip. It’s fun.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Fair enough, I just don't see what's fun about flipping a bat as high as you possibly can. Maybe there's some history there i don't know about.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I think Bloom wants to pick his guy which I’m more than fine with since I’m on the Chaim Bloom train. He’s a huge reason I’ve started to regain an interest in the Red Sox.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Merloni says Cora wants to come back to Red Sox

Sox lose last 2 games they are picking 3rd overall

a handful of studs and probably guarantees them stud SS/CF Matt McLain

what a bleepin tank this would have been

Epic

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Merloni says Cora wants to come back to Red Sox

Sox lose last 2 games they are picking 3rd overall

a handful of studs and probably guarantees them stud SS/CF Matt McLain

what a bleepin tank this would have been

Epic

I'd love to have #3, but there are multiple guys who could be potential great picks at 3. Leiter, Lawlar, McClain, Fabian. Draft is said to be exceptional for HS SS. Top 5 is clinched, anything else is gravy for me.

Cora back? Sign me up. He did his time and that's that. He's a good manager and this relationship has worked before.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd love to have #3, but there are multiple guys who could be potential great picks at 3. Leiter, Lawlar, McClain, Fabian. Draft is said to be exceptional for HS SS. Top 5 is clinched, anything else is gravy for me.

Cora back? Sign me up. He did his time and that's that. He's a good manager and this relationship has worked before.
Agree top 5 you should be in good shape but let’s get 3 and best closest sure positional player in draft and load up with arms over next half dozen picks

I agree with Cora and Martinez, Bogearts, Devers all flourished with him

no brainer to me

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s obviously been a shit year but I think accomplished a lot- they have restocked the farm system (national prospect guys are getting rave reviews on Groome and Casas) and they cycled through a bunch of guys to figure out who could be pieces going forward (Munoz, Arroyo, Plawecki, Dalbec, Houck, Valdez, Tapia)

Bloom has some prospect capital and cash to work with now. Going to be fun to see how creative he gets with it

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I haven’t watched this team at all this year. I needed a break from them after the cluster that they found them selves in. Most of it their fault and some not. It has been a blessing in disguise this year with the COVID. They reset in a shit year when nobody got fans in the stands. Hope Bloom can reset this team and make baseball moves and not marketing moves.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It’s obviously been a shit year but I think accomplished a lot- they have restocked the farm system (national prospect guys are getting rave reviews on Groome and Casas) and they cycled through a bunch of guys to figure out who could be pieces going forward (Munoz, Arroyo, Plawecki, Dalbec, Houck, Valdez, Tapia)

Bloom has some prospect capital and cash to work with now. Going to be fun to see how creative he gets with it

It seems like they've done a great job with the Pawtucket site. Obviously that's not a long-term scenario, but you have to wonder if those minor league sites were better for prospect development. There's probably better individual teaching than at your regular affiliate, and you're not dealing with the same travel and game grind that you would in a normal season. I think we're going to see next year which teams succeeded with it and which teams didn't.

The league has tried to take away much of the financial advantage large market teams have with the luxury tax, draft slots, and international signing restrictions, but one of the areas they can't control is how much money you spend on scouting and player developement, and that has to be an area where the Red Sox excel at going forward. If you're a large market team, you need to figure out where you can best utilize your financial might.

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Roenicke fired. That ones interesting to me. If the plan is to bring Cora back, seems weird to fire him unless Alex wants a new bench coach

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tanner Houck...how come I never heard his name mentioned at all in here before season etc? Knew about Groome but not this guy.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad