CSS Final Rankings

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I didn't see how they could get worse but oh my they got worse.

They're consitenly not in line with teams at the actual draft. So I don't know why we bother with them anymore.

The likely Calder winner is a second round pick according to CSS.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
They're consitenly not in line with teams lists so I don't know why we bother with them anymore.

You are assuming all teams lists are like Bob Mackenzie's average ratings after polling a bunch of scouts. I am guessing if you look at a team's list it will look much more like CSB or Redline Report then ISS or Bob Mackenzie's average ratings one(ie certain players rated higher or lower then average)

Were the hell is Larsson?

One thing I hate about CSB is they have separate North America and Europe lists

Latex*

I will laugh my ass off if Bärtschi is taken before Strome.

Edit; And Armia 4th... Seriously why that low?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=68894

European ranking, Armia at fourth is a surprise, shouldn't he be number two on that list?

He cooled off a bit towards the end of the regular season which was to be expected since his physique wasn't "built" for SM-liiga yet. Scored two goals in the playoffs though and a good showing at the U-18 WJC could do wonders for his ranking amongst the scouts.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I normally don't take fans to task in the least for questioning anything that a pro team or their management does but in this case I would have to. Central scouting should have enough resources to be one step ahead of the average persons mock drafts. Also in this draft year we have been told time and again after the top 4 or 5 players it is going to be a free for all as far as where teams have players ranked.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
European ranking, Armia at fourth is a surprise, shouldn't he be number two on that list?
Zibanejad and Brodin are better well-rounded players, there's nothing wrong having them above Armia. All three are top-20 material IMHO, so there's not a big difference between them.

phil macrackin

Sep 28, 2005
I could see Beaulieu being the second D off the board (after Larsson). Murphy is more skilled than Beaulieu, but he's also WAY smaller. And Beaulieu is WAY more skilled than Siemens. It will come down to a team's personal preference. Beaulieu's ranking is not as horrible as some are suggesting.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
FFS-CSS-WHY-SO-LOW-CSS-HAD-HIM-MIDSEASON-FFS.jpg

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Huberdeau, Beaulieu, Jurco, Oke, Tesink, Kelly, Bourret and Cameron from the Sea Dogs... I guess you have to play for the Dogs nowadays to get traded! As an example, Guillaume Cloutier played in Saint John until Christmas and he was ranked 44th. He was traded to Chicoutimi and now he is ranked in the 200th! Huberdeau, Beaulieu and Jurco deserve to be there, but I'm not sure for the rest, certainly not as high as they are.

Oke, Kelly and Cameron combined for a total of 27 points this season!

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I don't think Beaulieu is all that more skilled then Siemens. Also, Beaulieu is bigger but he doesn't use his size all that well. Right now Murphy, Hamilton and Larsson are better in every aspect of the game, and Siemens is only a bit behind.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
One thing I hate about CSB is they have separate North America and Europe lists

Well since they have separate scouts for each continent, they probably feel it's better to let the scouts rank the players they see instead of relying on stat sheets, other people's opinions or Youtube videos. You know, how they do it here. ;)

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
Well since they have separate scouts for each continent, they probably feel it's better to let the scouts rank the players they see instead of relying on stat sheets, other people's opinions or Youtube videos. You know, how they do it here. ;)

The reason the lists are seperate is because the NHL clubs have asked them to provide it in that format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad