CRUNCH TIME!!! How does the William Nylander "unsigned saga" end?

What happens to William Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
The deadline is here. Saturday, December 1st, 5 PM EST.

William Nylander is still unsigned.

Some "experts" say the team and Nylander are close to a deal, some others say "lol, nope they're not". Whichever case, it certainly is keeping people on the edge of their seat. Leaf fans are rightfully nervous, and non-Leaf fans are somewhat excited...

What happens to the Leafs, what happens to William Nylander?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think the Leafs will give in and sign him. We always expect trades but nothing exciting every happens lol

If they're smart they'll trade him for a dman

c4rdsh4rk

Sep 17, 2007
everybody panics and the league implodes. vince mcmahon creates xhl and signs 1 ex nhl 3rd line grinder as his selling point and the rest scatter to various leagues in europe and china. and kenya signs crosby.

nylander remains unsigned through it all becoming outcast from every league as he continues to hold out while waiting on the payout for the point per game season he never had.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He goes to KHL or SEL (AIK where he trains currently) for the remaining of the season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Middle ground should be the option. But if I had to lean one side it's Nylander breaks. If they are down to 300k difference, there's no way he gives up earning 5 million this year at the expence of 1.8m over the life of the deal. It would be insane. Although, people can be overly prideful and do stupid things, which can't be ruled out.

Reactions: 7even

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Traded to the Hurricanes for deal around Pesce. Leafs end up going to the SCF. 10 years from now Nylander finally admits in an exclusive interview that he made a mistake leaving Toronto after dodging the question for years as the Canes haven't made it past the 2nd round and the Leafs won 2 cups.

Heard it here first.

No but seriously i hope he is traded to Carolina. Would improve both teams IMO. Leafs contend Canes make the playoffs, seems like a pretty good deal.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Probably caves in and signs to Toronto. I would like to see him traded though to somewhere nobody has been expecting for an exciting return. (I know your out there Dorion go f*** up another trade!)

Come on we came all this way please don’t let this end with a simple signing

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Seeing how the team's doing, I expect Nylander to sign on Toronto's terms. Surely it doesn't make any sense to miss a year worth of salary. That already essentially negates the wealthier deal.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Probably caves in and signs to Toronto. I would like to see him traded though to somewhere nobody has been expecting for an exciting return. (I know your out there Dorion go **** up another trade!)

Come on we came all this way please don’t let this end with a simple signing

Melnyk wouldn't approve.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Signs a 1yr deal to come back this season and gets traded before next season

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If Leafs management is smart thell play this well and get him signed to a deal closer to their terms and then trade him in the summer, maybe for not too hi a return theyd get now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad