Proposal: Crouse for Cowan, Leafs 1st pick

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He's f***ing 26 and is likely our next captain, he's not 33 dude.

He's a year older than Keller, are we going to trade him too?

Might as well trade Hayton while we're at it, he's getting old too.

@OP and everyone else. If Crouse was available for a B prospect and a late 1st he'd be long gone.

There's a reason he hasn't been traded. Guys who are good defensively, can score 30 goals and are physical are worth a lot more than people think. Look at what Hagel got.

Crouse has been playing 3rd line minutes without a ton of PP time the entire time he's been in Arizona, you put him on a team in the top 6 that can score or on the 2nd line and he'll be fantastic.

Sorry that I upset you.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Are we going to pretend that point production isn't one of the biggest factors in determining a forwards value ? He's a 45 point power forward that will be playing middle 6 minutes on a contender.

When the Leafs traded Kessel, a literally PPG #1 RW (in a MUCH lower scoring era) to Pittsburgh, they got a 1st + Kapanen (recent 1st round pick) as the base of the trade. Please don't try and argue that somehow Crouse would/should return more than that, or what other elite wingers have been traded for.

He's a good 2nd/3rd line player with term, 1st + good prospect is more than fair value. Even then Leafs wouldn't do it, we don't need more help on forward, a trade involving our 1st + top prospect, has to be for help on defence.
Kapanen at the time was a b prospect at most too

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Don't think the Leafs would, or should, do this.

24-25 is likely going to have to be a retooling year for them with the raises to Matthews/Nylander exceeding the long-awaited increase in cap that's going to drive the middle class upwards. They need to use that year to get the likes of Cowan & Minten into the lineup alongside Knies, and go all in for 25-26 when Tavares takes a paycut.

I'm sure the Leafs would trade their 1st + for Crouse. I'm sure that plus could probably be 2 assets, but I don't think Minten or Cowan would be in that offer.

Not saying that Arizona should do this deal... simply coming at it from Toronto's POV.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Nah not trading Cowan.

Would move Holmberg + Niemela + 1st instead though. Maybe Minten instead of Holmberg but hesitant on that.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
trading crouse seems like a bad idea for the coyotes. offer could be great, doesn't matter, the coyotes have been a revolving door of last chance vets & rfa's that don't want to extend. they need to hang on to the players that want to be there for as long as they want to be there.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Crouse is not going to save the Leafs from their dogshit defense and goaltending. You have folks here thinking he is some saviour. It's actually stupid.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Crouse sure does get a lot of love for a guy with a career .39 points per game point rate, .27 goal rate, a career high of 45 points, only
32 points this year and absolutely no proof he can be a key contributor on a winner, all at a bargin basement of $4.3m per.

I also don’t think that Arizona needs any more
Draft picks, I think it would be more likely that they would use Crouse as a piece with many draft picks to get a more established player or fill a more significant need.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Cowan is electric. People are acting like he is a B prospect.

His ceiling is sky high ! His floor is solid too, because he is an elite skater and penalty killer.

Would be bad business to trade him in any deal for Crouse.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Other teams have a farm, Toronto doesn’t. Look back a page or two and see what others think of Crouse’ value around the league, you’ll be shocked. Granted they’re hf posters, it’s a lot more than Cowan and 1
Is it tho? Two firsts is pretty close. Might not be there, but its close

Obviously the Yotes are not shopping him so it's a moot point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad