Video Crosby's Fighting Style

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Watch when he pushes over the FLA player

It looks like he does the "Rock Bottom" lmao

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Crosby would dummy everyone in this thread, I'm not about to make fun of his fighting style when the guy is pure strength and because of that doesn't really need to throw solid punches. Also I don't like Crosby, but I'm not delusional.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I just saw this thread after watching a guy you would assume not to be a fighter In Panarin willingly drop with big Charlie McAvoy and actually look good. No spinning no jersy pull no turtle no takedown... all of which is the only thing Crosby has ever done he has never traded... Panarin went full rockem sockem and it ended because McAvoy was tired and Panarin was done. Not even saying he won it looked like you could call it a draw slight edge to bread... but the point is you would expect Crosby would have had 1 honorable fight in his career but he hasnt. He will jump you and swing or jersy until you get an arm free then tackle the second he gets a chance too. I dont know any player in the league similar. Even dirty guys like Marchand stand up for themselves.

Reactions: Chainshot

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I just saw this thread after watching a guy you would assume not to be a fighter In Panarin willingly drop with big Charlie McAvoy and actually look good. No spinning no jersy pull no turtle no takedown... all of which is the only thing Crosby has ever done he has never traded... Panarin went full rockem sockem and it ended because McAvoy was tired and Panarin was done. Not even saying he won it looked like you could call it a draw slight edge to bread... but the point is you would expect Crosby would have had 1 honorable fight in his career but he hasnt. He will jump you and swing or jersy until you get an arm free then tackle the second he gets a chance too. I dont know any player in the league similar. Even dirty guys like Marchand stand up for themselves.
1.) (bolded) His very first fight against Ference, he threw big blows and even bloodied him. Wrong.
2) His other fights he's usually trying to jumpstart his team and light a fire under them. He's not going to go all out and break a hand just to fire his team up.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
1.) (bolded) His very first fight against Ference, he threw big blows and even bloodied him. Wrong.
2) His other fights he's usually trying to jumpstart his team and light a fire under them. He's not going to go all out and break a hand just to fire his team up.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.
Jump start his team by sitting for 5 minutes because he pulled a Jersey and tackled him before the guy gets his gloves off... idk about you but if I see a teammate get into a fight and do that im getting the opposite feeling. Now Malkin that guy I hate as an opponent because he does some cheap shit with gloved punches and only punching with refs in the way but the guy has fire and will drop with some pretty tough guys and doesnt take the cheap way out. Its weird that every other star player when fighting doesnt take that path. If you are dropping the gloves fight... if not leave it for someone woth a sack and use your skill to hurt them on the score board. Him dropping then tackling is why he is called crybaby and cindy. Not because he is so good people are jealous or wish they had him but because he talks a lot of shit and never backs it up, crys to the refs, and pulls antics like jumping that guy on the dot and tackling like the dubi fight. When you respect guys like Marchand and Wilson over Crosby that says sonething about a guys character.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Jump start his team by sitting for 5 minutes because he pulled a Jersey and tackled him before the guy gets his gloves off... idk about you but if I see a teammate get into a fight and do that im getting the opposite feeling. Now Malkin that guy I hate as an opponent because he does some cheap **** with gloved punches and only punching with refs in the way but the guy has fire and will drop with some pretty tough guys and doesnt take the cheap way out. Its weird that every other star player when fighting doesnt take that path. If you are dropping the gloves fight... if not leave it for someone woth a sack and use your skill to hurt them on the score board. Him dropping then tackling is why he is called crybaby and cindy. Not because he is so good people are jealous or wish they had him but because he talks a lot of **** and never backs it up, crys to the refs, and pulls antics like jumping that guy on the dot and tackling like the dubi fight. When you respect guys like Marchand and Wilson over Crosby that says sonething about a guys character.
IMO, anything goes when you fight someone in the NHL, except for jumping on someone when they didn't want to fight in the first place. I've seen several fights & let me tell you: Players will do anything to win a fight, even if they have to pull a jersey.

Even though it may not be fair, try comparing the Bertuzzi/Moore incident to Crosby's fighting style. On an extra note, Chara & Scott both have size advantages, but fighting skill & height doesn't have a correlation together.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
IMO, anything goes when you fight someone in the NHL, except for jumping on someone when they didn't want to fight in the first place. I've seen several fights & let me tell you: Players will do anything to win a fight, even if they have to pull a jersey.

Even though it may not be fair, try comparing the Bertuzzi/Moore incident to Crosby's fighting style. On an extra note, Chara & Scott both have size advantages, but fighting skill & height doesn't have a correlation together.
Pulling a Jersey to end a fight after you are tired or after you kicked their ass just to end it and not punish them more is fine. Im just saying there is something for the most part honorable about fighting in the NHL. 99% of the time the guys will say good fight or tap the guy or something to acknowledge its over. You only see them still shit talking or throwing if one guy does dirty shit.

The Moore/Bertuzzi thing is something that from day 1 I never thought it was a gutless reckless attack like some. I thought he was trying to get revenge popped him one and when he went down Bertuzzi uses his body to protect Moore and the injury was because the pile afterwards to Bertuzzi. But thats how I saw it. The punch was cheap but was no where near some of the stuff Ive seen Marchand do to guys knees.

And Chara and Scott are 2 different catagories. Chara is dirty as shit while Scott was just a huge goon. Scott had an enforcer job and did it without being a :eek::eek::eek::eek: about it. Chara picks on guys who have no chance against him and RARELY ever accepted fights of guys his size and he is one of the worst when it comes to spinning to end fights and he ALWAYS goes for a take down if someone is actually putting up a fight. He is a giant p***y its embarrassing to me. Like Brian Boyle a big guy that in his fights always tries to go down quick because they thought their size would make the person back down or hwlp them and then they get popped and it turns right to the ground. Chara actually tried to kill patches a few years ago. The Moore incident was unfortunate but it was clear it wasnt intended to break a guys neck it was meant to initiate a fight and Moore dropped to the ice kinda embellishing to get a call or just protect himself and the pile hurt him. Chara literally tries to decapitate a man.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Pulling a Jersey to end a fight after you are tired or after you kicked their ass just to end it and not punish them more is fine. Im just saying there is something for the most part honorable about fighting in the NHL. 99% of the time the guys will say good fight or tap the guy or something to acknowledge its over. You only see them still **** talking or throwing if one guy does dirty ****.

The Moore/Bertuzzi thing is something that from day 1 I never thought it was a gutless reckless attack like some. I thought he was trying to get revenge popped him one and when he went down Bertuzzi uses his body to protect Moore and the injury was because the pile afterwards to Bertuzzi. But thats how I saw it. The punch was cheap but was no where near some of the stuff Ive seen Marchand do to guys knees.

And Chara and Scott are 2 different catagories. Chara is dirty as **** while Scott was just a huge goon. Scott had an enforcer job and did it without being a **** about it. Chara picks on guys who have no chance against him and RARELY ever accepted fights of guys his size and he is one of the worst when it comes to spinning to end fights and he ALWAYS goes for a take down if someone is actually putting up a fight. He is a giant ***** its embarrassing to me. Like Brian Boyle a big guy that in his fights always tries to go down quick because they thought their size would make the person back down or hwlp them and then they get popped and it turns right to the ground. Chara actually tried to kill patches a few years ago. The Moore incident was unfortunate but it was clear it wasnt intended to break a guys neck it was meant to initiate a fight and Moore dropped to the ice kinda embellishing to get a call or just protect himself and the pile hurt him. Chara literally tries to decapitate a man.
Wow. This is a terrible terrible terrible post. It’s not even worth trying to argue it’s so terrible.

Bertuzzi was an innocent accident and Chara was trying to kill Patches. Hahahahahahahahaha ok bud.

I have seen Marchand do a ton of some of the stupidest stuff on the ice. But I have never seen him target a knee. More bizarre terribleness.

Last edited:

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
You have 0 credibility...

Slew footing is not targeting a knee. Its super dirty and Marchand is a dirty dirty player and there is zero discusion about that. I wouldn’t defend Marchand for anything he has done. However, your post is still a giant pile of garbage.

Bertuzzi was an innocent accident...and you talk about credibility? Moore was out cold before he hit the ice, it’s called video, try it out sometime but then again, you think Chara was trying to kill Patches. Bahahaha

Reactions: DaaaaB's

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Slew footing is not targeting a knee. Its super dirty and Marchand is a dirty dirty player and there is zero discusion about that. I wouldn’t defend Marchand for anything he has done. However, your post is still a giant pile of garbage.

Bertuzzi was an innocent accident...and you talk about credibility? Moore was out cold before he hit the ice, it’s called video, try it out sometime but then again, you think Chara was trying to kill Patches. Bahahaha
Did you watch the video? Almost every comment was talking about how he nearly f***ed their knees. He also did a few straight knee on knees head on.

The Bertuzzi thing I didnt say was an innocent situation I said it wasnt as bad as the outcome made it. The play was tragic but it wasnt some crazy deadly act. The pile on was what cause the injury Ive seen multiple pieces about it with people talking about it and showing tons of angles.

The Chara situation was the most disgusting thing I never saw on the ice except I think it was McSorely swinging the stick at a guys head. He pushed a mans head going full speed directly into the stanchion with no regard for patches well being.

The fact that there is a 6 minute video of someone trying to take out players knees and you claim he has never went for players knees and you think Chara made a clean hit on patches just tells me you have no concept of what dirty or dangerous is and that you have a bruins bias of some sort. Might not be your team idk but the fact you are standing up for those 2 in those situations says enough.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Did you watch the video? Almost every comment was talking about how he nearly ****ed their knees. He also did a few straight knee on knees head on.

The Bertuzzi thing I didnt say was an innocent situation I said it wasnt as bad as the outcome made it. The play was tragic but it wasnt some crazy deadly act. The pile on was what cause the injury Ive seen multiple pieces about it with people talking about it and showing tons of angles.

The Chara situation was the most disgusting thing I never saw on the ice except I think it was McSorely swinging the stick at a guys head. He pushed a mans head going full speed directly into the stanchion with no regard for patches well being.

The fact that there is a 6 minute video of someone trying to take out players knees and you claim he has never went for players knees and you think Chara made a clean hit on patches just tells me you have no concept of what dirty or dangerous is and that you have a bruins bias of some sort. Might not be your team idk but the fact you are standing up for those 2 in those situations says enough.
You're clearly just a Bruins hater. Saying Panarin had a draw let alone won against McAvoy is a joke. That Marchand video was all slewfoots not targeting knees and if you think Chara is a dirty player then you obviously haven't watched him play much. Saying he tried to decapitate Pac is absurd. He finished his hit and didn't realize the turnbuckle was right there. It was kind of a late hit but he didn't intend to hurt him.

Reactions: BarnumEffect

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Did you watch the video? Almost every comment was talking about how he nearly ****ed their knees. He also did a few straight knee on knees head on.

Jeezus Christ. I did say this wasn’t worth arguing because you have gone into the deep end of delusional. Slew footing is a dirty play, no doubt but it is not a target of the knee. I might even tell you slew footing is the dirtest penalties possible because you can’t control the outcome or mitigate the damage caused by a slew foot, you just fall backwards and smack your head. It doesn’t however target the knee, it targets the skate and causes you to smack your head by falling backwards. It’s low down dirty play and 100% unnecessary.

You might want to use your video watching super powers on slew footing.

While you are watching slew footing, check out the 100s of checks into the stanchions over the years. It happens and used to happen with much more violent results in the 50s through 90s until they changed the boards. You didn’t call Chara’s check a dirty play, you called it attempted murder. Attempted murder! Think about that. I never said it wasn’t dirty, I was questioning your crazy attempted murder allegations.

Lastly, go re-read your post, you called Bertuzzi damage on Moore accidental and you so crazily typed Bertuzzi was trying to protect Moore’s body when they fall. I think your super power of watching videos from every angle needs a rewind.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jeezus Christ. I did say this wasn’t worth arguing because you have gone into the deep end of delusional. Slew footing is a dirty play, no doubt but it is not a target of the knee. I might even tell you slew footing is the dirtest penalties possible because you can’t control the outcome or mitigate the damage caused by a slew foot, you just fall backwards and smack your head. It doesn’t however target the knee, it targets the skate and causes you to smack your head by falling backwards. It’s low down dirty play and 100% unnecessary.

You might want to use your video watching super powers on slew footing.

While you are watching slew footing, check out the 100s of checks into the stanchions over the years. It happens and used to happen with much more violent results in the 50s through 90s until they changed the boards. You didn’t call Chara’s check a dirty play, you called it attempted murder. Attempted murder! Think about that. I never said it wasn’t dirty, I was questioning your crazy attempted murder allegations.

Lastly, go re-read your post, you called Bertuzzi damage on Moore accidental and you so crazily typed Bertuzzi was trying to protect Moore’s body when they fall. I think your super power of watching videos from every angle needs a rewind.
Saying murder is obvious hyperbole im sorry you cant read context thats not on me. Bertuzzi 100% tries to protect moore when they hit the ice. And like I said some hits in that video arent just slew foots but knee on knee..

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Saying murder is obvious hyperbole im sorry you cant read context thats not on me. Bertuzzi 100% tries to protect moore when they hit the ice. And like I said some hits in that video arent just slew foots but knee on knee..

Lol hyperbole....lol nice try.

Jeez, I dunno what happened Officer, I was firing my gun and that guy he walked right into my bullet. Then I jumped on him to stop the bleeding. Did I do good, officer? That’s hyperbole.

Moore was out cold before he hit the ice. Video doesn’t lie, he was out, his arms went limp, stick falls out of his gloves and his head slumps downward like someone who is out cold does. Heck from the front angle, you can see his eyes are shut.

Protects Moore? Lol, he was burying his face into Moore’s back to prevent the punches from the player on top from hitting his face.

Really, don’t reply.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Lol hyperbole....lol nice try.

Jeez, I dunno what happened Officer, I was firing my gun and that guy he walked right into my bullet. Then I jumped on him to stop the bleeding. Did I do good, officer? That’s hyperbole.

Moore was out cold before he hit the ice. Video doesn’t lie, he was out, his arms went limp, stick falls out of his gloves and his head slumps downward like someone who is out cold does. Heck from the front angle, you can see his eyes are shut.

Protects Moore? Lol, he was burying his face into Moore’s back to prevent the punches from the player on top from hitting his face.

Really, don’t reply.
I dont think you knownwhat Hyperbole means you should yahoo that word and leaen it.

#2 Moore isnt out before the ice at all if you thinknthat was a limp fall youve never been knocked unconscious.

#3 and yes when they go down amd players come to jump on them he uses his body to shield moore. Search youtune for videos talking about it and multiple people point out he uses his body to protect moore.

Take off your bias glasses and put on the kindnthat helps your sight pal

No need to reply your like a person humping a pillow on an elevator just wrong on so many levels.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I dont think you knownwhat Hyperbole means you should yahoo that word and leaen it.

#2 Moore isnt out before the ice at all if you thinknthat was a limp fall youve never been knocked unconscious.

#3 and yes when they go down amd players come to jump on them he uses his body to shield moore. Search youtune for videos talking about it and multiple people point out he uses his body to protect moore.

Take off your bias glasses and put on the kindnthat helps your sight pal

No need to reply your like a person humping a pillow on an elevator just wrong on so many levels.
i've never seen someone be wrong in so many different ways in so few words.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
You're clearly just a Bruins hater. Saying Panarin had a draw let alone won against McAvoy is a joke. That Marchand video was all slewfoots not targeting knees and if you think Chara is a dirty player then you obviously haven't watched him play much. Saying he tried to decapitate Pac is absurd. He finished his hit and didn't realize the turnbuckle was right there. It was kind of a late hit but he didn't intend to hurt him.

Jack Edwards has a new user name I see . . .

Is there truly any difference between Edwards and Baghdad Bob?

For those too young to get that reference:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Jack Edwards has a new user name I see . . .

Is there truly any difference between Edwards and Baghdad Bob?

For those too young to get that reference:

Everything I said is true. Good post tho, it really added to the conversation.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Thanks, you just proved the point I was making . . . just substitute your name for Jack's . . .
Why don't you point out what I said that isn't true. Or just go ahead and make another lame Jack Edward's joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad