Value of: Crosby to a contender

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Montreal is probably the only other place he would play I’d reckon. I personally do not see it happening until he’s a free agent but for shits and giggles...

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

Still probably not enough but it gives Pitts a nice jumpstart on their inevitable retool while also allowing them to still compete today with Malkin/Suzuki/Danault down the middle.

That is way too much, lol. The penguins would take that deal and run

Reactions: SensFactor

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I would say theres an 87+ % chance Sid stays in Pittsburgh and rightfully so.

The Lloyd Christmas in me is still holding onto hope Nate can get him over to the Avs.

Zero clue what it would cost. Something that Pi××es both teams off I'm sure.

Naz is playing good for us and we would likely lose a core guy or 2.

Not worried about his age as most are. I think he will play into his 40s. Blake was 31 and Bourge 39 when acquired. They worked out nicely.

Come on over to Denver buds!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If Crosby is traded, Crosby will control where he goes.

No ones selling the farm and salting the earth for the remainder of Crosby's career for the hockey player. He will get some solid futures, and a few roster pieces to balance cap, but if (and I stress if) Crosby wants to move, it will be more of a one team race because Sid wants to play for the team acquiring him, not a bidding war situation.

Crosby the marketing draw however...
Well he is currently drawing zero attendance now so....

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
no way Crosby plays for another team--unless something major happens were relationships with ownership sours, but I don't see that happening. He'll retire a Penguin.

Malkin however will likely go to a contender, but I think that would be an offseason deal, unless the Pens are so far out of the playoff picture.

Letang I think (and hope) is gone this offseason too

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
gavin.jpg
LOLLL

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I dont see it happening but for shits, the Avs would give a lot to bring in Sid. Dude is a winner and would be as close to guaranteeing the Cup as possible.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
take a long shot at a cup this season , and probably not get out of the tough east , then go into a deep dive for many years . or move the big 2 and be back competing long term within say 3 or 4 years for a decade . and theres the injury factor as in what if one of the big 2 gets injured for playoffs there goes an entire chance at a quick rebuild down the drain for nothing . sid n malks have been payed very well and are owed nothing by ownership . and it is ownership job to build a winning team for the fans who pay for the teams existance !

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Montreal is probably the only other place he would play I’d reckon. I personally do not see it happening until he’s a free agent but for shits and giggles...

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

Still probably not enough but it gives Pitts a nice jumpstart on their inevitable retool while also allowing them to still compete today with Malkin/Suzuki/Danault down the middle.

Insane. This is the equivalent of at least 7 first round picks. Maybe if Crosby was 28?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Doesn't Minny have the Pens 1st rounder this year?

We all know Sid isn't getting traded but they especially would not do it in a year where they don't own their own pick.

He will retire a Penguin.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

Man you're on strong stuff

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Id be shocked if he ended up leaving that organization. Feel like this kind of speculation is pointless unless something is brought up by Crosby or I guess Pittsburgh.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This is the longest I have seen a Crosby or Malkin or Ovechkin or McDavid proposal thread left open. These are players that obviously never will be dealt.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
What do you mean reality? Did you read your proposal before posting? Just curious

No, you’re right, I didn’t look at the keys while typing and yet was still able to submit a completely legible post. Good one.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
To OP, we all know Sid was a Habs fan growing up. But since being drafted he's only a Pens fan.

I know y'all desperate for a C, but Sid is gonna be a lifelong Penguin. And...like...2 games man lmao.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

This is why your average joe won't ever become an NHL general manager.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Hi all, take this thread with a grain of salt.. I'm just curious, the Pens might be heading for a retool soon, could be a long season..

Looking at his age (34 in '21) and contract (8.7M$ till 2025), what would be the price to acquire Sid during the season if the Pens are struggling?
What would be their need?
Would they part with him?
Delete your account. Reflect on why you seek negative attention. Be better. You’re welcome.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Crosby is the most superstitious player. He eats a peanut butter jelly sandwich before every game. He has lots of weird rituals. He is also very driven by legacy.

Crosby is the most sure bet to retire with the only team he's played for.

This thread can be locked. He will never be traded for futures...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad