Value of: Crosby to a contender

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Hi all, take this thread with a grain of salt.. I'm just curious, the Pens might be heading for a retool soon, could be a long season..

Looking at his age (34 in '21) and contract (8.7M$ till 2025), what would be the price to acquire Sid during the season if the Pens are struggling?
What would be their need?
Would they part with him?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
gavin.jpg

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I can't see Crosby playing for any other team than the Penguins, and I can't imagine the Penguins not being willing to keep him until retirement.

Reactions: Ciao

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Coach Sully is the only one worth keeping. :laugh:

If they're smart, they'll trade Letang, Malkin and/or Crosby to shorten the very soon to be, inevitable rebuild & lessen the long term pain of the franchise. Tough decision to make.
I think Sully has to go. We’re 3-14 in the last 17 games and I don’t see any motivation from the players. It’s time for a new voice.

Also the Penguins can’t tank this year, they don’t have their 1st.

Reactions: stardog

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Habs think Suzuki is better now, so they won't include him in a deal.

(Crosby is going nowhere)

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If they start rebuilding, there's definitely players you move before Crosby and at that point, he's probably more valuable to the organization than the return. He retires a Pen, unless he wants out, at some point.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
This is a couple/3 years premature but it will be a major decision for the franchise. Remembering where they were before they had the fortune to draft Sid, and looking at the state of the Red Wings after retiring Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg.... If you take the emotional attachment away, and just focus on asset management it is going to be an infinitely more difficult decision than it was to draft him.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Bienvenue à Montréal mon cher Sid! Jk, we can't afford to trade for him.

Montreal is probably the only other place he would play I’d reckon. I personally do not see it happening until he’s a free agent but for shits and giggles...

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

Still probably not enough but it gives Pitts a nice jumpstart on their inevitable retool while also allowing them to still compete today with Malkin/Suzuki/Danault down the middle.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Montreal is probably the only other place he would play I’d reckon. I personally do not see it happening until he’s a free agent but for shits and giggles...

-Suzuki
-Danault
-Byron (for cap)
-Guhle
-Caufield
-1st, 2nd, 3rd ‘21
-1st ‘22

Still probably not enough but it gives Pitts a nice jumpstart on their inevitable retool while also allowing them to still compete today with Malkin/Suzuki/Danault down the middle.
danm your gutting the team and the future, i love Crosby but he dosen't have 10 years ahead of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad