Value of: Crosby to a contender

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
I know the op put this up just for fun or whatever but having a Crosby, malkin type talent is something you never trade unless you have no other choice. When they do retire, whatever rebuild the pens come up with will not come close to what they had. Pens should be all in for the next 4 seasons acquiring whoever to win as many cups as they can. Having jagr and lemieux and then Crosby and malkin, pens won't get that lucky again

Reactions: YP44

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
crosby for marner . pitt gets a long term star . leafs reel in about 3 cups , guaranteed , before sids over the hill

Last edited:

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Hi all, take this thread with a grain of salt.. I'm just curious, the Pens might be heading for a retool soon, could be a long season..

Looking at his age (34 in '21) and contract (8.7M$ till 2025), what would be the price to acquire Sid during the season if the Pens are struggling?
What would be their need?
Would they part with him?

Couple of thoughts
- He is a Pens lifer - no way Lemieux trades him. And before folks say "it's been done before (Bourque, etc)" , Crosby has a few cups and so has no reason to leave
- If a contender trades for him, the trade probably will make that team a non-contender - they will need to gut their team to clear out salary. This would make more sense if this was his last contract year and he was traded as a rental
- Malkin and Letang go way before Crosby does.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Crosby isn't going anywhere. Not even fun to speculate about. They built an entire new arena based around Sid's obsession with the number 87. PPG Paints Arena seats exactly 18,387 for Sid. This franchise would just assume fold before ever parting with him.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Somebody called to ask if Crosby is available:

BrokenSophisticatedArcticwolf-size_restricted.gif

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd give up a lot of good futures for Crosby if the Pens were going that way. Monahan, Valimaki, Zary and a 1st. But I don't think the Pens will move him even if they're out of it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Huge Crosby fan here and I do like watching the Pens over the years. I kind of feel a rebuild is in the horizon and it might be best for Crosby, Malkin, and the Pens to split where the vets get a chance to win more cups and the Pens get a shit load of futures to build around while they also have lottery picks.

I know the Pens don't like hearing this and I don't blame them but it might be for the best. Could happen sooner than some realize if the prolonged struggles continue. Pens traded too many picks away over the years and their prospect pool has not filled in holes. Improving with trades and UFA signings are limited. Pens need another young stud like they got when Jagr was drafted

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Since the pens have a knack for getting generational talent near the top of the draft when they're there... they'd trade Crosby, the other team would tank, the first would be unprotected, they'd get Wright 1oa (obvs Crosby goes for more than 1 1st), they... Wright... the franchise, and then in 3 yrs they're competing in the playoffs again. It's a tale as old as time.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
2 Assists, and the OT winner reasons like that no matter how bad things get I'm not EVER.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER thinking about trading him, even on plays that result in nothing Sid can make it a highlight real move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad