Crosby 13 seasons at least a ppg

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I mean, no. PPG literally means points per game, if you have more points than games played, you're over a PPG. It's not "points per season".
An NHL season is 82 games. Nobody cares how many of those games a certain player plays/misses.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
An NHL season is 82 games. Nobody cares how many of those games a certain player plays/misses.

But the phrase is literally "points per game". Points per game is literally just how many points you get in how many games. You can't just change math because you don't like calling someone with less than 82 points a PPG player :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The most boring superstar to ever play in the league. But he manages to be so damn consistent without ever really leading the league in an offensive category. Led the league in goals twice, assists once, overall points twice, pretty unimpressive really, but the man just keeps piling up points which is really very impressive. :clap:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The most boring superstar to ever play in the league. But he manages to be so damn consistent without ever really leading the league in an offensive category. Led the league in goals twice, assists once, overall points twice, pretty unimpressive really, but the man just keeps piling up points which is really very impressive. :clap:

Terrible post, unsurprisingly.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Terrible post, unsurprisingly.

Sorry sir but his awesome "grind" game does nothing for me. Does he have moments of brilliance, of course, he is a fantastic player, but I don't lean forward in my seat when he has the puck like I do when a player like Malkin does.

He is extremely consistent, it is his best attribute, he will continue to get points well after his peers are done racking them up. He will finish his career well over a PPG and his HOF entry time will be waived. What else do I need to say about his greatness?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sorry sir but his awesome "grind" game does nothing for me. Does he have moments of brilliance, of course, he is a fantastic player, but I don't lean forward in my seat when he has the puck like I do when a player like Malkin does.

He is extremely consistent, it is his best attribute, he will continue to get points well after his peers are done racking them up. He will finish his career well over a PPG and his HOF entry time will be waived. What else do I need to say about his greatness?

Describing Crosby's game as boring because all he does is grind is about as accurate a statement as describing Ovechkin's game as boring because all he does is stand at the left faceoff dot to shoot one timers.

It's inaccurate and doesn't actually describe the actual SKILL part of either guy's game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
[mod]

I would think that considering 22 games a "season" would be more of a contentious point than whatever the hell this points-per-game argument is.

I think that's just a semantics thing. I think you can interchange "year" and "season".

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Describing Crosby's game as boring because all he does is grind is about as accurate a statement as describing Ovechkin's game as boring because all he does is stand at the left faceoff dot to shoot one timers.

It's inaccurate and doesn't actually describe the actual SKILL part of either guy's game.

This is fair, and I can accept your point of view.

Personally the thing I notice the most about Crosby's game is his ability to protect the puck, and he wins a lot of faceoffs. This season I can think of one play, the goal he just scored on Price, that I can remember. Going back in my head I can only think of a handful of plays that have blown me away, I know he used to like to drop to one knee to score goals. I'm sure if I youtube his highlights I will be surprised by how many there actually are.

Reactions: BHD

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This is fair, and I can accept your point of view.

Personally the thing I notice the most about Crosby's game is his ability to protect the puck, and he wins a lot of faceoffs. This season I can think of one play, the goal he just scored on Price, that I can remember. Going back in my head I can only think of a handful of plays that have blown me away, I know he used to like to drop to one knee to score goals. I'm sure if I youtube his highlights I will be surprised by how many there actually are.

There is a video series on YouTube that basically highlights one aspect of his game for almost 10 minutes each. Passing, dangles, edgework, puck protection, backhand, deflections.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
[mod]

I think that's just a semantics thing. I think you can interchange "year" and "season".
But the argument you're making isn't that Crosby is better than PPG in his career. Which, in itself is a great accomplishment. You're saying he has done that for 13 straight seasons. A season is 82 games. No ifs, ands, or buts to say otherwise. You can't give a guy credit for missing games when trying to show his consistency and durability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hockey4sale

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
But the argument you're making isn't that Crosby is better than PPG in his career. Which, in itself is a great accomplishment. You're saying he has done that for 13 straight seasons. A season is 82 games. No ifs, ands, or buts to say otherwise. You can't give a guy credit for missing games when trying to show his consistency and durability.

You're arguing semantics at this point, and that's me being generous. He has been over a PPG player for 13 straight years. Seasons and years are synonymous here. Why this is the hill you want to die on, I really have no clue.

beir32

Feb 1, 2010
I think a lot of people equate "jaw dropping" with "better". That's now how it works.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You're arguing semantics at this point, and that's me being generous. He has been over a PPG player for 13 straight years. Seasons and years are synonymous here. Why this is the hill you want to die on, I really have no clue.
I'm not dying on any hill. Just pointing out the obvious

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes