Crosby 13 seasons at least a ppg

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Crosby now has scored 47 goals and 69 assists for a total of 116 points in 80 career games(regular season+playoffs) against the Flyers.

The only players I know for certain that have scored more against the Flyers are Mario Lemieux, and Jaromir Jagr.

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Crosby now has scored 47 goals and 69 assists for a total of 116 points in 80 career games(regular season+playoffs) against the Flyers.

The only players I know for certain that have scored more against the Flyers are Mario Lemieux, and Jaromir Jagr.

I already knew that he makes it a habit to shit on the Flyers every chance he gets, but damn...that’s impressive stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Amazing. Considering Ovi and Malkin both have had a few years at or below a PPG. Crosby is just so damn consistent.

Malkin has 1 season under ppg and that was because of a serious injury. Otherwise he'd have 12 straight
Ovechkin has 3 seasons under ppg simply because he played poorly

Ovechkin is the one that's inconsistent

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Truth be told he's more of a lobbyist than a hockey player. Stealing conn smythes left and right from deserving winners like Kessel and Malkin

Must be due to all that politicking with the media n stuff

Shows what a great PR agency can do for you. Especially when they can get the league to hand your client Art Ross trophys. Like what even IS that? I don't even...
Haha.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I wonder if there's a way to petition the league to allow the Pens to play all their 82 games versus the Flyers. Sid would challenge Gretzky's record for consecutive Art Ross trophies!

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Consistency like this is insane. He has been the best player in the world for more than a decade, and could be for the next three years as well IMO.

Reactions: Cellee

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

He was stellar in the game today. If that's the Crosby we're going to see in the playoffs then look out.

Randyne

May 20, 2012

Mario Lemieux 144
Jaromir Jagr 134
Wayne Gretzky 134
Bryan Trottier 132
(Phil Esposito 116, Mike Bossy 116)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I feel privileged as a hockey fan to have seen them spend their careers together (thus far). Two of the most talented players I've gotten the pleasure to watch.
I’ve spent the last decade fearfully waiting for when they’d butt heads, which I had assumed was inevitable considering they’re such great players. But they both seem to have their heads on straight by all regards and have a fantastic relationship. Hopefully they collect a couple more cups and hang around for another decade.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Yeah, he's a great player. However, he doesn't need two sticks to play the game. Just tell him to stop holding the other player's stick when he drives the net. He can drive good enough without cheating.

To be fair, a lot of players ward when driving the net. Its only penalized in lacrosse.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Malkin has 1 season under ppg and that was because of a serious injury. Otherwise he'd have 12 straight
Ovechkin has 3 seasons under ppg simply because he played poorly

Ovechkin is the one that's inconsistent
Three seasons out of 14 is really not that inconsistent

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Three seasons out of 14 is really not that inconsistent

40 years from now there's going to be questions on how a healthy Ovechkin in his prime put up 65 points

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
An NHL season is 82 games. A season with fewer than 82 points, is not a PPG season. You don't get to give a guy credit for showing consistency, durability, and longevity by changing the parameters.

Reactions: Randyne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
An NHL season is 82 games. A season with fewer than 82 points, is not a PPG season. You don't get to give a guy credit for showing consistency, durability, and longevity by changing the parameters.

I mean, no. PPG literally means points per game, if you have more points than games played, you're over a PPG. It's not "points per season".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad