Crosby 13 seasons at least a ppg

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Thing is he’s just one the best talents to ever be play. And he’s so consistent because he just works harder than everyone.

I don’t give excuse to anyone. Not Malkin. Because there have been years he looked disinterested and floaty.

Ovechkin being in the 60s twice and not potting 40+ when realistically all he is is a sniper. He’ll be an all time great.

Sid is the best player of this era. McDavid to me is the only player who is in his league. Due to the hard work and talent he also has I can see him matching Crosby on this.

Thus the “Generational” term. We get two every 20 years or so if you’re lucky and it’s important to appreciate them. And definitely not say they’re “boring” lmao.

Even if you’re not a fan of their teams. (As an Avs fan) I think guys like Gretzky/Lemieux, Crosby/McDavid, Orr/Howe. You gotta just appreciate guys like that.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Crosby making a charge for 5th greatest of all time.

If he only had a personality besides: "Boring hockey player."

Actually, who knows. He could be the world's most interesting person, but we wouldn't know it.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
The crazy part this season is that he isn’t even trying this season and is still sitting at 83 pts in 76 GP

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
The crazy part this season is that he isn’t even trying this season and is still sitting at 83 pts in 76 GP

That is simply not true. He sure tries, but has not been as efficient. Maybe he is fatigued, maybe he waits for playoffs.. nevertheless, this has been one of the most "weakest" seasons he has had in his career and it really has nothing to do on being lazy or anything.

I think we are in very interesting point in Sid's career. Last two years has shown that he still can be the best, but he is not that automatic point scoring machine he was some time ago. I'm sure he will be a steady ppg guy for the next 5-7 years still, but will he have any absolute elite seasons left? If he can keep up the ppg-pace for next 5-6 years that will be a great addition to his already accomplished top10 legacy. But in order to be top5, he would need few elite seasons still.

Reactions: PSUPEN

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
This is fair, and I can accept your point of view.

Personally the thing I notice the most about Crosby's game is his ability to protect the puck, and he wins a lot of faceoffs. This season I can think of one play, the goal he just scored on Price, that I can remember. Going back in my head I can only think of a handful of plays that have blown me away, I know he used to like to drop to one knee to score goals. I'm sure if I youtube his highlights I will be surprised by how many there actually are.

Crosby’s top 10 goals is better than Ovechkin’s top 10 goals

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
That is simply not true. He sure tries, but has not been as efficient. Maybe he is fatigued, maybe he waits for playoffs.. nevertheless, this has been one of the most "weakest" seasons he has had in his career and it really has nothing to do on being lazy or anything.

I think we are in very interesting point in Sid's career. Last two years has shown that he still can be the best, but he is not that automatic point scoring machine he was some time ago. I'm sure he will be a steady ppg guy for the next 5-7 years still, but will he have any absolute elite seasons left? If he can keep up the ppg-pace for next 5-6 years that will be a great addition to his already accomplished top10 legacy. But in order to be top5, he would need few elite seasons still.

Well, the only games in the last 2 months that he has been fully engaged were against the Flyers.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Well, the only games in the last 2 months that he has been fully engaged were against the Flyers.

I think its more to due with fatigue and perhaps the upcoming playoff grind than being disinterested/not trying. He has played a lot of hockey in the past few years and it has to show somewhere.

BTW, to this thread: Sid scored at 100+ point pace in every of his first 9 seasons. That is quite a feat also.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I'll be happy with a top 10 scoring finish at then a dominant maybe third straight pmvp and cup. The guy is 30 now. He's not exactly young like spring anymore

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's easy to be PPG when you miss 20 games every season.

Eh, on the flipside it could actually hurt you. Because if you slump for a 10 game stretch, it's a lot harder to make up ground if you only have another 50 games to do it rather than another 70 games.

Especially when you consider a player's stats (especially Malkin since he always seems banged up) could be affected by that lingering injury in the games they do play. When Malkin plays 62 games and misses 20 due to injury, he's likely only about 100% healthy in 50-55 of them. So his points per game actually is hurt more than if he was healthy enough to play all 82.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad