Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Days like these make you wish you never got into the sport in the first place.

I hope these idiots learnt a good lesson today. All this stupid shot selections had to comeback and bite them in the ass sometime. Feel for Mashrafe. He did everything he could and still couldn't help the idiots from shooting themselves in the foot. I hope Hom never sees the cricket pitch again. Absolutely ****ing useless with both bat and ball. The only reason why he keeps getting picked is because of politics.

What a **** feeling this is.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

I hope these idiots learnt a good lesson today. All this stupid shot selections had to comeback and bite them in the ass sometime. Feel for Mashrafe. He did everything he could and still couldn't help the idiots from shooting themselves in the foot. I hope Hom never sees the cricket pitch again. Absolutely ****ing useless with both bat and ball. The only reason why he keeps getting picked is because of politics.

Agreed, mate. I knew this tournament would be brutal but I didn't think it was going to be this brutal. On one hand, I want PAK to trounce Australia but on the other, I want Afridi to just go away forever.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I think India will flatten Australia. The Aussies have never been that great on subcontinental pitches, and India have momentum right now.

Of course, it may just be overconfidence lmao. But I believe in India.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I don't know man. I can see yesterday being a terrible downer as a Bangladesh fan but I think you guys are the next Sri Lanka. I would not be surprised if you guys win the World Cup within the next decade. There is so much talent on that team. I think lack of experience is what got you guys yesterday. But that will just come from playing more.

Agreed, mate. I knew this tournament would be brutal but I didn't think it was going to be this brutal. On one hand, I want PAK to trounce Australia but on the other, I want Afridi to just go away forever.

Personally, I have always been a fan of Afridi, the person and the player. He is out-spoken and is almost never negative about his opponents. He gives credit to the other team when it is due. From experience, I have hated the post-match interviews from India vs Pakistan matches in the past. It is always about, 'we lost the game', 'we did not play well enough', 'the pitch was bad', etc. I loved seeing Afridi and Malik both give the other team credit. Also, he is as dangerous a batsmen as we have ever seen in the limited overs version of the sport. And his bowling is vastly under-rated.

As a captain though, not quite sure he has the smarts to play there. Also, it seems to negatively affect his impact on the field. He would not be the only captain to suffer from this though. Tendulkar is one of the greatest cricket players but he was a terrible captain as well.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
So Watson announces his retirement at the eve of a crucial game against Pakistan. Had a pretty solid career though, sad to see Watto go from the Aussie side we still watch him in the IPL and other leagues.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I fully expect the Aussies to trounce us tomorrow. The captain and coach have pretty much admitted defeat.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Waqar Younis has told his players that it may be his last match and he will be handing in his resignation.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Waqar Younis has told his players that it may be his last match and he will be handing in his resignation.

What kind of coach does that? Say an NHL coach was about to be fired and the team was on the verge of being swept 4-0. Would he say that to his players? No, he'd make sure the team believes they have a chance to win.

Here, Waqar is basically admitting he thinks that his team can't beat the Aussies. Pathetic.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Pretty ordinary bowling in the death overs by our bowlers through out the tournament but full credit & congrats to India and especially Kholi the man's a pure class and undoubtedly one of the best players on the planet.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
No worries though we Aussies will probably still knock India out and join the Black Caps for the semis.

India winning the game in the last ball of the last over really didn't help boosting up their NNR, so even if Aussies were to lose one the 2 remaining games they're pretty much in the Semis.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Had a feeling someone would quote me after an Indian win, no surprises as its very typical of Indian fan base. :laugh:

You bragged about an Australia victory for a week and now you look like a fool. This isn't about "typical of Indian fan base" (whatever that means), this is just a reminder that if you act like a cocky sports fan, don't be surprised to get called out when your team loses. Good riddance buddy :laugh:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Virat Kohli <3

You bragged about an Australia victory for a week and now you look like a fool. This isn't about "typical of Indian fan base" (whatever that means), this is just a reminder that if you act like a cocky sports fan, don't be surprised to get called out when your team loses. Good riddance buddy :laugh:

Ditto.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
6SGqbi5.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad