Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Kohli averages 122.83 in won chases during T20 internationals. Absolutely ridiculous.

That's unreal. Sometimes, I wonder how the likes of Bradman would have fared against the raw pace and crazy spin of today's players. It feels so taboo to say that it is unlikely he'd manage a 99.94.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's unreal. Sometimes, I wonder how the likes of Bradman would have fared against the raw pace and crazy spin of today's players. It feels so taboo to say that it is unlikely he'd manage a 99.94.

While I see your point it's also worth pointing out that Bradman and co would spend a month out at sea on their way to England. Same goes for the English boys.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

I feel fairly confident saying he would not be able to keep that kind of average up.

I think it is about as taboo as saying that Gretzky would not have 200 points seasons in todays NHL. Players are just bigger and fitter today. Also, a lot more time and energy put into researching players strengths and weaknesses. Scouting is just not limited to the draft .. :)

Just look at Bradman's numbers against the teams he played:

vs England: 89.78 (37 Matches)
vs West Indies: 74.5 (5 Matches)
vs India: 178.75 (5 Matches)
vs South Africa: 201.5 (5 matches)

The only 'good' competition back then was England and his average against them was 89.78 (still impressive but 10 runs per game lower than his average). The numbers against India and South Africa help his average substantially. Back then spin was not really that much of an issue and it was more about pace bowling. So not only would he be dealing with faster bowlers, he would also be dealing with a completely different beast in spin bowling.

I don't want to take anything away from Bradman. He was one of the best (if not the best batsmen) to ever play the game. But it was a different time and I think his sample size of 52 Test matches played is too small.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think we are living in a golden age of batsmen. Unless you're a fan of Pakistan then the selectors will never select your best batsmen.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Yet another semi-final exit for New Zealand. Really thought they were gonna go the distance this year. I'm gonna go ahead and say whoever wins India v WI wins the WC.

Hope WI wins ;)

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Kiwis have to be bigger chokers than the Saffers. They should have scored 180+ with the start they had in the 10 overs. Now India are pretty much guaranteed winners of this championship against the Poms unless Gayle and co cause an unlikely upset.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Glad the Windies won, pretty underrated team in the tournament, worthy of playing in the finals. The final should be cracker and hopefully WI wins

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yesssss. Glad that Windies won. They bat so deep plus their bowling is not terrible.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I don't. WI has shown that they can chase any target. England will have to put them in first and hope to limit them as best as they can.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
**** off England. Can't lose normally, have to do it in a new way.

Just ridiculous finish. Expected we lose but not like that.

So pissed off.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Ben Stokes is a right ***** so I'm glad to see him get smashed but feel bad for the rest of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->