Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
It isn't the pitches fault, getting bounced out on this thing isn't a great look for the Bangladesh boys

Aside from Tamim, that was some of the all around worst cricket I have ever seen.

Batsmen getting out playing trash shots, toothless bowlers, and dropped catches. Had the holy trinity of shit cricket.

At this point the problem is not with just coaching. These cricketers do not act professional. They dont eat right, don't spend time at the gym getting fit and do not work tirelessly at their craft to be elite.

Some of my friends and family members in Dhaka regularly saw national team players eating junk during the BPL in Dhaka.

In an era cricketers are watching their diets and work on their physical fitness on top of just practice, Bangladesh players are seriously falling behind.

Afghanistan is a great example of how a determined group can improve if given the right tools. BCB pours in a lot of money to give these guys top notch training and they do not take advantage of it.

Even the women's team, which gets a fraction of the funding of the mens team, has bright in a major international trophy with the Asia Cup. Whereas these clowns have never even won a major triangular series.

Additionally, I don't think the coaching has prepped them well at all for either of the SA or NZ tours.

It's not like we haven't performed in NZ conditions in the past. Just look at the 2015 world cup. I would blame the coaching for lack of good prep in both conditions as the players look completely out of place at the beginning of the tours. When they were under Hathuru they never looked like this playing overseas.

The ones who take their craft seriously, aka Tamim Shakib Mortaza always show up and unfortunately have to carry the rest of these turds.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Lost a 3 day match in a little over 2 days.

A new low.

It's an inexperienced team in tough conditions on a sporty track against the best New Zealand team in decades

The catching was absolute **** but I have some sympathy for the bowlers and batsmen, it's bloody tough

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Can’t say I’m disappointed getting the point from the washed out India game. Hope we can repeat the magic of 2015 and then some, that was a really fun ride.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Something wildly satisfying seeing SA struggle. Especially old mate Faf Du Plessis. Start worrying about your backyard rather than have cracks at Warner/Smith.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
England lose to Sri Lanka. If they had won, top 4 looked pretty set. They still have to play India, Australia, and New Zealand. Yikes! Really opens the door for Sri Lanka and Bangladesh to make the semis.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The New Zealand West Indies game was a gem

I was feeling pretty good halfway into the Windies run chase but things got bloody uncomfortable in the end

Just a great game of cricket

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
New Zealand vs India in the semi final

I can officially state that I've got a baaaad feeling about this one as a New Zealander, we've fallen off a cliff over the last 3 or 4 games

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
New Zealand vs India in the semi final

I can officially state that I've got a baaaad feeling about this one as a New Zealander, we've fallen off a cliff over the last 3 or 4 games

Think NZ will have to be at their best and India have an off day for NZ to win, unfortunately.

Weather not looking great for Manchester for Tuesday though, could be rain affected which might help NZ.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Think NZ will have to be at their best and India have an off day for NZ to win, unfortunately.

Weather not looking great for Manchester for Tuesday though, could be rain affected which might help NZ.

If the weather isn't great and the pitch has a little life in it we become a much better bet, our bowlers tend to make good use of seaming pitches

We're going to have to score some runs, we've really struggled to put decent scores on the board in the back half of the competition, brutal to watch

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
If the weather isn't great and the pitch has a little life in it we become a much better bet, our bowlers tend to make good use of seaming pitches

We're going to have to score some runs, we've really struggled to put decent scores on the board in the back half of the competition, brutal to watch

:facepalm:

Dat run rate.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Nice one New Zealand!

Of course I want England to win, but if we don't, then New Zealand winning it would be fine by my. Better than the Aussies winning it! haha

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00