Movies: Creed II

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm sensing a theme with this actor

He only takes on roles where his character seeks revenge on the son of the man who killed his father

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I'm sensing a theme with this actor

He only takes on roles where his character seeks revenge on the son of the man who killed his father

Are you just basing this on two of his movies and ignoring everything else he has done?

Sep 19, 2008
they showed the trailer during Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom not gonna lie I was interested

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
My only problem with the trailer: they should've ended on the clip of Drago, not squeezed in 2 others immediately afterwards

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Creed 2: Milo Ventimiglia - This Is Us - Returns and More from the Set | Philly Chit Chat
Looks like Vito is returning as Rocky’s son, supposedly rocky visits him in Vancouver where the last movie said he lived with his family. Interesting, I’m hoping for a second trailer soon

I always predicted that he would return to the Rocky franchise following his This Is Us success. Saw this coming a mile away.

Also, an American city doubling for Vancouver? Is this the Twilight Zone?

As for the whole Drago returning thing, I like it but it seems kinda corny. Like this whole "you killed my father!" thing. And you would think there would had been some reference in the previous Creed film of the guy responsible for your fathers death was still out there involved in the sport. You would think that would be the first thing on Little Creeds mind.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I always predicted that he would return to the Rocky franchise following his This Is Us success. Saw this coming a mile away.

Also, an American city doubling for Vancouver? Is this the Twilight Zone?

As for the whole Drago returning thing, I like it but it seems kinda corny. Like this whole "you killed my father!" thing. And you would think there would had been some reference in the previous Creed film of the guy responsible for your fathers death was still out there involved in the sport. You would think that would be the first thing on Little Creeds mind.
I’d hope they plan a more complex story line than simply a revenge story. I think they’ll have dragos son be pretty sympathetic and not a villain, while Adonis is trying to make him the villain. Supposedly drago senior does not have the best reputation after failing the soviets, at least from what I’ve read.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
loved the first one didn't think they could out do it. But damn they got my money again. When his opponent comes Into the ring and he turns to read the name on his robe.....HOLY SHIT.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Looks great, didn't think they could out do the first one. But when his opponent turns around and you read his name on his robe.....holy shit....you got my money again.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The really nice thing is they picked a guy that's about 5 or 6 inches taller then Creed and looks like a killing machine. But this movie has to have the training montage of New Drago training in a super high tech gym on the international space station, while Creed trains in a crappy gym, all to the music of Survivor.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hm, it could be on my list.

From marketing point, such fight would be a huge success in real world. Imagine all the background, stories ...

Btw., from Wikipedia:
For the sixth film in the Rocky series, Rocky Balboa (2006), Stallone asked Weathers, Mr. T, and Dolph Lundgren for permission to use footage from their appearances in the earlier Rocky films. Mr. T and Lundgren agreed, but Weathers wanted an actual part in the movie, even though his character had died in Rocky IV.[12] Stallone refused, and Weathers decided not to allow Stallone to use his image for flashbacks from the previous films. They instead used footage of a fighter who looks similar to Weathers.[13]

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014

From marketing point, such fight would be a huge success in real world. Imagine all the background, stories ...

Btw., from Wikipedia:
For the sixth film in the Rocky series, Rocky Balboa (2006), Stallone asked Weathers, Mr. T, and Dolph Lundgren for permission to use footage from their appearances in the earlier Rocky films. Mr. T and Lundgren agreed, but Weathers wanted an actual part in the movie, even though his character had died in Rocky IV.[12] Stallone refused, and Weathers decided not to allow Stallone to use his image for flashbacks from the previous films. They instead used footage of a fighter who looks similar to Weathers.[13]

Meh... I would have given in to Weathers considering Mickey's force ghost appears in Rocky IV. :P

I actually want Mr. T to make a cameo as of all the guys Rocky fought he's the one I sympathize with the most.

The dude was an up and coming fighter who climbed the rankings taking on everyone above him only to have the champ duck him, fight lower ranked non-contenders, and try to retire instead of facing him. I'd be pissed if I were him and call Rocky out in public for being a coward too.

He's not even responsible for Mickey's death either as Mickey attacked him and all Clubber did was push him away. It's not like he threw haymakers at him. It's Rocky's camp's fault for not getting Mickey to the hospital in a timely manner especially when it was right next door and he clearly was suffering a heart attack! Man with people like that around no wonder Apollo died in the ring!

Reactions: Sami Salo

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I forgot how much I liked the first "Creed" movie. It was a good example of how to use an old story to base a new story off of without relying too much on nostalgia. MBJ was very good, so was Tessa Thompson, and Stalone did a good job of staying out of the way, letting the new lead in the movie shine, while still being a strong positive influence on him. I'll have to rewatch it

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I forgot how much I liked the first "Creed" movie. It was a good example of how to use an old story to base a new story off of without relying too much on nostalgia. MBJ was very good, so was Tessa Thompson, and Stalone did a good job of staying out of the way, letting the new lead in the movie shine, while still being a strong positive influence on him. I'll have to rewatch it

My wife and I rewatched it recently as the previous trailer got us talking about how much we loved the first one.

I'm a little worried about the sequel here. I feel there's high risk of it to being too predictable. I know predictable and Rocky movies go hand in hand, but I found focusing on a brand new character last time who was engaging and interesting is what made-up it a success.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Btw., from Wikipedia:

Another interesting thing from Wikipedia is that Lundgren holds a Master’s degree in chemical engineering, graduated top of his class, and won a Fulbright scholarship to MIT (which he gave up because he started dating Grace Jones).

Apparently he also almost killed Stallone when he punched him in the chest during filming Rocky IV:

During rehearsals for their climatic fight scene, Stallone kept urging Lundgren to hit him harder. That was a mistake, as Lundgren—who had trained in karate and other martial arts—hit his co-star so hard in the chest that Stallone's heart began to swell. "Later that night my blood pressure goes up to 260, I go to hospital, they put me in an emergency jet, and fly me back to America,” Stallone recalled. “Next thing I know I’m in intensive care for five days with nuns walking around.

He hit my heart so hard that it banged against my ribs and started to swell, and that usually happens in car accidents. So I was hit by a truck!”

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia

New little tid bit about background of dragos son, viktor. “Drago's son who is also a boxer, and Adonis' new rival. He despises Adonis for their families' history as a result of being raised in contempt by his father.”
Pumped for this film

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia

I know some people were worried that the changing away from coogler as a director could go wrong. Caple Jr and coogler went to school together and are very good friends, he will still have quite a bit of influence in the film. 1 month to go, this is my most anticipated movie for the rest of 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad