Creative solutions for getting rid of our goalies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1. You start up a pop-up restaurant with a really well-known hipster chef that takes place in a shipping container.

2. You spread the word via social media, articles in the Air Canada in-flight magazine, what have you.

3. You have a special 11 course tasting menu night and invite the goalies to it.

4. When they arrive, there is no restaurant, just a shipping container, and you close the doors and send it via Via Rail to the port of Montreal and thence to Sri Lanka.

5. Repeat.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Forsberg for Samsonov? I am not saying that we should do this. But it is a......possibility

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I think Korpisalo is untradeable and has to work his way out of this. That 5 year contract is an albatross around our necks.

Reactions: lancepitlick

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I heard Elliott Freedman say Toronto offered Ottawa a 6th for Forsberg and we said no? Why????

Can someone confirm this?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I heard Elliott Freedman say Toronto offered Ottawa a 6th for Forsberg and we said no? Why????

Edmonton strikes me as a team that might want a goalie. I'd think we'd get more than a 6th.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Unless someone offers us a 2nd rounder or a coupe of 3rds for Forsberg we might as well keep him and let Sogaard cook while we figure out our team defense. No one is touching Korpisalo's contract and he can still bounce back.

Our goalies are fine, but our team defense is shit as evidenced by former Sens goalies being dope elsewhere.

Actually, playing for Ottawa is a blessing in disguise for goalies... that when you end up somewhere else, it becomes a piece of cake

- Filip, Cam, Joey, Matt

Edmonton strikes me as a team that might want a goalie. I'd think we'd get more than a 6th.

Because if it was AFTER Dorion was canned, we have hockey IQ now. You really do NOT want to rush Mads Sogaard into this

Not that it's perfect in Belleville but it can't be as bad?

Samsonov + pick? But Samsonov AAV is higher than Forsberg so can't fit him

But personally I want nothing to do with this. Sens fans would have a hard time dealing with Forsberg having success in Toronto. Matt Murray was really good for them until he ran into injury trouble (which had a 99% chance of happening)

We have had enough of our "crappy players" becoming good elsewhere (bizarre, no?)

Stone, Duchene, Zibanejad are still PPG, Karlsson won another Norris, Pageau had some good playoffs runs, Talbot and Gustavsson had strong seasons the year after leaving Ottawa, etc etc etc

I think Korpisalo is untradeable and has to work his way out of this. That 5 year contract is an albatross around our necks.

Nah, it's just called a Dorion contract.

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
We might have to trade away Forsberg.
Then unfortunately go out and acquire maybe through a trade or not a 5 or 6 million dollar goalie to come in and be our number one goalie.
I know that would mean $10 million dollars in goalies but there are a few teams that do spend that much money on their goalies.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Where did you hear it? I doubt Toronto would offer that, that Ottawa would turn it down, and that Friedman would report something as specific as a 6th round pick.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Where did you hear it? I doubt Toronto would offer that, that Ottawa would turn it down, and that Friedman would report something as specific as a 6th round pick.
Something about Toronto offering their 6th to almost every single team for their backup including Ottawa and Forsberg among other teams.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Something about Toronto offering their 6th to almost every single team for their backup including Ottawa and Forsberg among other teams.

I would have taken it. Would have solved our cap issues and made room for Sogaard or Meri or someone next year who can hopefully do better.

If Staios manages to get more for him I'll be impressed.

For the record I would give up Korpi for a similar asset as well, so maybe I just have a negative bias toward our goalies.

Reactions: Micklebot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad