Creative solutions for getting rid of our goalies.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
He has a modified no trade clause.

Does that mean he can be buried in the minors?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think Korpisalo has been better than his putrid numbers indicate, but it was still stupid and desperate to throw a 20M contract at him while guys like Brossoit were signing for pennies in comparison.

We're stuck with him, unless we could work out some kind of swap for another underperforming netminder on a long-term deal.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Have Pinto introduce our goalies to the wonderful hobby of sports betting.
Have Pinto bet on the over under and then have our goalies accused of throwing games for the gamblers.

We'd be legends just like the 1919 white sox. They'll be talking about us 100 years from now. Movies will be made.

Reactions: DrEasy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Imagine a dead man walking, who signed Condon to a 10 million dollar deal, Murray to a 25 million dollar deal, and traded away Gus, having the ability to put 20 million and 5 years of the future into his hands for a team he should’ve been exiled from in 2018.

Batshit crazy.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm not fully convinced that Korpisalo is a bad goaltender, I think our D is way too soft and they are missing basic assignments, scoring is up league wide, the numbers aren't going to look great, especially on a underacheviing team.
I think our goalies might both be a little shell shocked. Ptsd.

Look at the 4th goal last night. If you're aware of your surroundings, you should explode forward to the top of the paint and that puck hits you. That's what playing with confidence looks like. I don't think either guy has confidence right now.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Our goalies have been wildly inconsistent. Both have had nights where they've been great and others where they have cost us games.

But the D has not been good enough this season. I thought Zub was trash last night. He bobbled pucks and turned them over like a minor leaguer. I didn't think Sanderson was that good either. The whole team is not moving the puck fast enough or clean enough. Last night, Jersey was clean and crisp and Ottawa was bumbling and fumbling.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Our goalies have been wildly inconsistent. Both have had nights where they've been great and others where they have cost us games.

But the D has not been good enough this season. I thought Zub was trash last night. He bobbled pucks and turned them over like a minor leaguer. I didn't think Sanderson was that good either. The whole team is not moving the puck fast enough or clean enough. Last night, Jersey was clean and crisp and Ottawa was bumbling and fumbling.
Agreed. Zub and Sanderson have ranged from bad to just OK for six weeks now. Overall the D is really soft and constantly get manhandled, lose positioning in front of the net and get pushed off the puck or make bad passes under a heavy forecheck. The team needs at least one big skilled defensive Dman who is very physical.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Another solid .800 performance from Korpi tonight. How do we get out from under this contract?
It would sure be a shame if he crossed a border with oxys or had to get his contract ended from a breach of player ethics 😔
We get rid of Forsberg at the end of the season and bring up Sogaard. Save $2M there. I think Korpi behind a team with a better team philosophy can rebound

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Just thinking of the loss against the Devils, you aren't going to win many games against a team like them who are good offensively by scoring just 2 goals. There's lots of things on the Senators that needs fixing.

While true, if your players do not have confidence in your goalies they tend to become more passive, take less risks, try to protect the goalie and hence score less goals.

A goalie that the players are confident in will allow them to open up offensively.

That all said, agreed there is a lot that needs fixing.

He has a modified no trade clause.

Does that mean he can be buried in the minors?
Yes but the cap saving is only around 1.15M thats what would be spent on a replacement goalie (minimum).

Reactions: dpw

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can try another 15 goalies all you want and the results will remain similar as long as we play the "DJ way". It's going to take more than 5 games to rectify years of incompetence, plus a GM would have to properly construct the roster. Players like Tarasenko, Kubalik, Hamonic, Kelly, Chartier and MacEwen are not what the team needs

I would bet anything on this, you choose the amount.

Does anyone blame Dorion for this?

Of course, he's the guy who constructed the roster and hired DJ Smith, plus kept him for way too long.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Imagine a dead man walking, who signed Condon to a 10 million dollar deal, Murray to a 25 million dollar deal, and traded away Gus, having the ability to put 20 million and 5 years of the future into his hands for a team he should’ve been exiled from in 2018.

Batshit crazy.

I have repeated it ad nauseam, but I still don't think people realize the amount of damage Dorion has done on this franchise.

We have great young players is the proof that I am exaggerating? ok but any GM can pick good players with Top picks or by trading a 3 times Norris winner in his prime, a PPG Selke level winger in his prime and other PPG centers (Zibanejad and Duchene are PPG right now), etc.

Considering the context of the rebuild and what we started with, we should be an ELITE team 6 seasons later.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1703954876508.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad