CRDragon's Fantasy Draft Thread (Cap: $56.7M)

knivez

Jul 28, 2008
San Jose and Detroit have a trade to announce.

To San Jose:
6th overall prospect pick
636rd pick

To Detroit:
292nd pick
429th pick

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
San Jose and Detroit have a trade to announce.

To San Jose:
6th overall prospect pick
636rd pick

To Detroit:
292nd pick
429th pick

Confirm. Detroit will know doubt get a very good player with 292, but the opportunity to grab two of Filatov, Schenn, and Pieterangelo was too good to pass up.

curtisinpa

Dec 18, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
Nashville selects Ron Hainsey.

img.139710_t.jpg

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
With the next selection in CRDragon's draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins are very happy to select:

230px-TimGleason.jpg

D - Tim Gleason

Analysis: Very strong all around defenseman. Has good offensive upside, plays well in his own end, and has a mean streak.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
With their next pick, the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select LW Ryane Clowe. He'll be playing with Getzlaf & Kane in order to give some needed grit on the first line and a guy who'll get his nose dirty and go in front of the net. This also gives us the versatility to drop Andrei Kostitsyn to the second line and give us some better depth.

Acekicker123

Dec 31, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario
Montreal selects goaltender Mike Smith.

smith250_whitejersey.jpg

Mike is a cheap, young, good goalie with a very high ceiling that's just coming into his own. We expect many great things for this young man in the near future.

Last edited:

Acekicker123

Dec 31, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario
GREAT pick!

And two spots from my next pick, too! :cry:

I had two goalies that could be legitimate #1's still on my board coming closer to this pick.

If both were still there, I would've tried to let it slide just a little further.

When Detroit took Legace, I really had no choice but to go ahead and take Smith, because I figured he wouldn't last until my next pick.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
For some reason I thought he was your pick as backup goalie, not starter. I would've been set with a Luongo/Smith tandem, lol.

Gonna keep looking though. No rush, at least, plenty of goalies still out there.

curtisinpa

Dec 18, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
For some reason I thought he was your pick as backup goalie, not starter. I would've been set with a Luongo/Smith tandem, lol.

Gonna keep looking though. No rush, at least, plenty of goalies still out there.

Plenty of back-ups and prospects still available.

Martin Havlat really went high, i guess his price tag and injuries were to much for some.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
With our next selection in CRDragon's draft, the Pittsburgh Penguins proudly select:

GuillaumeLatendresse.jpg

RW - Guillaume Latendresse

Analysis: Young, budding, power forward who has phenomenal size and oozes offensive potential. Has a lot of hockey sense and is a very good hitter.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad