Speculation: Crawford

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Seabs could never take a hit. And I mean that quite literally. He is quite possibly the worst NHL player I have ever seen at defending himself and bracing for impact. He might want to try and bend his knees every now and then.

Is there anything he does right, ffs?
I suppose some would rather have a bunch of smurfs back there who don't know where the corners are located.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Seabs could never take a hit. And I mean that quite literally. He is quite possibly the worst NHL player I have ever seen at defending himself and bracing for impact. He might want to try and bend his knees every now and then.
You should watch more NHL games. He's not the worst, lol.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Is there anything he does right, ffs?
I suppose some would rather have a bunch of smurfs back there who don't know where the corners are located.

Makes a good first pass. Has good instincts in the offensive zone. Has a heavy shot that he gets on net. Takes the body fairly well at times.

Size doesn't mean much when you aren't coached to use it... In the Q system, there's no difference between Seabs and a "smurf".

Not sure if you've been paying attention, but skating is becoming more and more important in the NHL.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seabrook takes big hits to make plays. He has always made the conscious effort to do so and it leaves him in dangerous positions. I applaud him for doing this as these are the types of plays that help win cups.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Seabrook takes big hits to make plays. He has always made the conscious effort to do so and it leaves him in dangerous positions. I applaud him for doing this as these are the types of plays that help win cups.

Yeah, but you can take a hit without getting smoked all the time.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
both BK and Pez are right, which is why I brought up Seabs taking all those hits, it is admirable for a player to take the hit to make the play, I applaud him for it and have for years...he doesn't get enough respect for it and other things as well..BUT...you have to adapt a bit, adjust, understand that you are a HUMAN BEING DAMMIT!!LOL...Those hits take tolls, and outside of playoff hockey, I am sure there are a few hundred in season corner battles/hits from behind he could avoid which IMO, would lead to better mobility, health, and overall play from him...the dude probably got a bit overweight just to have the cushion for all the damn hits he takes!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We hear about him supposedly losing weight every offseason. Do we really know for sure he was overweight to begin with? I doubt it makes much difference with him

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We hear about him supposedly losing weight every offseason. Do we really know for sure he was overweight to begin with? I doubt it makes much difference with him

This is the first season I remember it ever being mentioned by the media. I could be wrong though.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The reason I wanted Soupy to hang 'em up is because he was taking too many big hits. Seabs is trending the same way, no doubt. He needs to be smarter.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Hockey heartbreaking to say but ... I think Crow's career done.
Someone made a really good distinction the difference his & Crosby's concussions - Crosby was 24 & Crow 32. 8 years of NHL is obviously very significant.

I think Corey Crawford should walk away - for two reasons,
1) Obviously his long-term health but also,
2) Man it's a drag when a superstar loses a step or the split second timing that made him that. It's such a drag to see & we all know examples of.*

Been watching Chicago sports for 50+ years and without a doubt - and I mean WITHOUT A DOUBT - Crow flinging his mask aside as the UC horn blared Stanley Cup glory will remain ALWAYS, one of my very favorite sporting images.

And of course ... "FXXKING A CHICAGO!" I'm ever king of this town that's the greeting on the airport signs visitors here see driving in.
GoHawks.

* - Hell there's another on the club right now & it's brutal to witness.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
crow looks like he is not even a healthy human let alone a human that could play athletics at ANY level let alone at a professional level.

I hope Crow can play again but the silence is concerning and he looked like he was in a terrible state when he spoke at the convention

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad