Post-Game Talk: craps @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Very impressive win. Completely shut down Wash. created some good chances. Still need to work on creating more chances and odd man rushes.

best game we played this year though.
I think this sums it up well.

Circumstances considered probably their best game. Defended really well. PK'd well. I think theres still issues on the PP and Mika needs to be himself. Hopefully he gets going. Its a step forward for sure.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
giphy.gif
I'm calling for an audit of this fraudulent poll, this is a sham with widespread voting irregularities and you know it.
DefiantAshamedDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Why has he not gotten the vaccine? He should be eligible with his diabetes and could probably even gotten both doses by now

It's entirely possible that he did get the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't prevent someone from getting Covid, it just shuts it down quicker so that the really serious side-effects don't happen. That's why people still need to mask up even after getting vaccinated. You can still easily spread it to people who haven't been vaccinated yet.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Watching Washington struggle to get through the middle of the ice today wasn't because they were flat it was because we played a perfect counter to their offense.

This honestly probably the right answer most of the time but fans always say their team came out flat.

Last edited:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Cap announcer said the Rangers have a skill PP unit as #1 and a will powerplay as their #2 .....LOL...I think he nailed it . Plus in the pre game he also said Fox was not a great skater....I never thought he was too bad LOL.....
He’s a good skater just not fast.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
In the presser I saw that apparently Quinn blames all the loses on himself. If this is remotely true then why does he do the dumbest coaching decisions imaginable? Dummies like us can see the glaring holes day in and out. I just don’t understand anything.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's entirely possible that he did get the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't prevent someone from getting Covid, it just shuts it down quicker so that the really serious side-effects don't happen. That's why people still need to mask up even after getting vaccinated. You can still easily spread it to people who haven't been vaccinated yet.

I don't know if there's a grace period but there have been numerous articles that there's promising data on transmission. That said maybe there's some time until that comes into effect.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
It's interesting that Quinn catches so much grief from some circles for not using young Kakko enough yet the Rangers have their best game without the kid in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I like KK, but he's got some growing to do before he's the next Mike Gartner. Hopefully he's okay and back soon.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's interesting that Quinn catches so much grief from some circles for not using young Kakko enough yet the Rangers have their best game without the kid in the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I like KK, but he's got some growing to do before he's the next Mike Gartner. Hopefully he's okay and back soon.

The Islanders game that we won 5-0 we had Jack Johnson in, we should bring him back to replicate those results.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Benanati used to call national games on Versus until it was acquired by his Capitals employer. They then immediately fired him from his national games gig. Must have made for some interesting conversations

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of Jack Johnson I feel like with the amount of consternation over his play here, from myself included we haven't seen anywhere near the joy/relief that it seems like Quinn ISN'T in love with him considering he was below Hajek on the depth chart against the Flyers and didn't play today.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Benanati used to call national games on Versus until it was acquired by his Capitals employer. They then immediately fired him from his national games gig. Must have made for some interesting conversations

You can't imagine how happy I am that Benanati doesn't call games anymore I couldn't stand listening to him and he did many games.

Reactions: ArPanet

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Speaking of Jack Johnson I feel like with the amount of consternation over his play here, from myself included we haven't seen anywhere near the joy/relief that it seems like Quinn ISN'T in love with him considering he was below Hajek on the depth chart against the Flyers and didn't play today.
So who the better Jack Johnson?
The boxer
The singer
The hockey player

I’m gonna go with the boxer. His story is great.

For you punk fans. This is a song about the boxer

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
One thing that was said post-game is that Quinn talked about focusing on the defensive side of the puck. Said the first two years he has been here, it's been too loose in their own zone. You can see that they aren't getting caved in anymore. No 40 shot games against.

Might be a reason why they're struggling to score. The focus is not winning 5-4 games, but making sure they clean up their own zone. Then add in injuries and you've basically got 2 lines that can create offense and two that are more grinding lines.

I think once Chytil is back, they'll be able to have those 3 scoring type lines and give balance back to the team. From there, I think we'll begin to see a more potent offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00