Post-Game Talk: craps @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Well crediting the other team does detract from your team too, it means they have no answer.
Yes, but isn't that often said about our previous coaches. That they have no "in game" changes to their original gameplan?
Lets face it, we were good, maybe very good........but I don't even wish to fool myself into thinking we weren't playing a team that looked a bit "dis-interested". I mean, we just beat them not too long ago. Did they not think we would beat them again?
Apparently they have a worse track record in day games than we do.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I only remember you praising one coach, ever.

Do you have a list of coaches you believe are excellent?
I don't know if I would use the word excellent because I do have issues with where the culture of the game is right now from a tactical standpoint, but there are plenty of coaches that I think have been effective.

Sutter
Sullivan
Quenneville
Trotz
Gallant
Laviolette
Cooper
Cassidy

Even Torts has his advantages. He's set in his ways and the hockey can be hard to watch, but he has a clear identity and he gets his guys doing it.

I hate AV and I don't like Quinn. That's literally it. Somehow that became I hate every coach.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I will also say that I'm not expecting every coach to be a winner. Torts didn't win the Cup with the Rangers but I still think he did his job here. Torts was never gifted much offensive talent. He was perfect to develop the heavy and tenacious roster we had. When AV arrived and turned the valve back a bit, it was the perfect mix.

As soon as AV sunk his teeth in and the team looked like his image, the hockey was awful. Again, didn't have the elite talent to play his NBA system.

I was just hoping for Quinn to excel in one area of development. Not looking for perfection. To get our young stars out of the gate quickly or to get the team playing a heavy cycle game again. Miss and miss. No finesse AND no heaviness. He at least got vets like Zibanejad, Kreider, and Buchnevich to elevate their game at first but Kreider and Buch have stagnated and Zib fell off the face of the Earth.

And I still don't know what the system/identity is!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't know if I would use the word excellent because I do have issues with where the culture of the game is right now from a tactical standpoint, but there are plenty of coaches that I think have been effective.

Sutter
Sullivan
Quenneville
Trotz
Gallant
Laviolette
Cooper
Cassidy

Even Torts has his advantages. He's set in his ways and the hockey can be hard to watch, but he has a clear identity and he gets his guys doing it.

I hate AV and I don't like Quinn. That's literally it. Somehow that became I hate every coach.

How do you determine who is a good coach?

If they have top personnel, they have a chance of winning. When they don't, they have no chance of winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->