Post-Game Talk: craps @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I would love to see someone destroy that POS Wilson.

We've pretty much all have seen this jerk do this same thing before and get suspended for it. It's hard to believe there was no intent there and it might behoove the NHL to suspend him for intent at this point in time because really he's yet to learn anything from the past.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
.....Smith (like I said prior) was super solid. Had that stupid high glove hit on Carlson he got nailed for, but I like that and always have. (Except when it costs)
.....Zbad would have had an assist, had Panarin done what he usually does.
.......I thought Hayek played well, he's getting more minutes and coming along. Made a few mistakes, happens.
.....Gauthier has got to get that puck in deeper instead of passing cross ice, then compounds it by taking penalty to make up for bad pass. He drew penalty (so i guess that makes up for it?) Anyway, hope he doesnt sit next game because of it.
.....Is it me, or is Bitetto good at keep-ins?
........Lindgren, besides being solid defensively is really adding some offense on a regular basis now. Quinn trusts him to do so.
....... if you watch Laf's goal from the beginning, it was he himself, that made that good stick steal behind the net keeping the Play Alive and eventually becoming his goal. BTW that was a beauty! Took control of the play, otherwise no goal.

.........Its a small thing I noticed......after taking 3 zip lead, Quinn sends out Zbad, Laf, Panarin, Hayek & Bitetto. Why? Why not put out Rooney line? After scoring, dont you want to put out your better defensive players to ward off next shift? Zbad looked lame and stick checked and got bitched by Orlov. He is NOT right, and woukldnt be surprised he sits next game. He needs to heal if thats possible.
.......why is the PK so good? Rooney. Actually wins them. Speaking of, the Caps are even worse than we are.
And are a bunch of whiny babies, complained about every penalty, whether it was called or not.
........Rooney. Great shot that was robbed by "flailing the pads", (and what usually is needed in close) but after all is said and done.....all he had to do was slide it along ice. Haha
......anyone see Kuznetsov & Oshie both on ice, where Kuz initially hits him with stick and then hits Oshie with a right cross to the face. Someone has to tell Kuz, that Oshie is his teammate. Haha.
.......Valley must have been licking his chops thinking Shesty might score there with open net.
......Buch getting King Kong off of Zbad's back was hysterical. He is quite the character.

Two very tough losses to Boston, 2 wins vs the Caps. Proves this team CAN play with the big dogs, just have to win the games you should win. I believe we can make the PO's.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We owned them on the dot today as well...and that DOES help on defensive zone draws against a club like the Caps . We played great and forechecked well....our pluggers really plugged today !!! Chara did diddly squat....Wilson was marked early with the puck in his face but he did have a couple of runs at guys...and the call on Smith was not a penalty on Carlson ?.....who yelled for the ref..I don't think he even caught him and it was a whiff . Oh well...killed it off .
Think Smith got nailed for the follow through as he made last second attempt at "sneaking in" an "inadvertent" face rub. Watch it again,, dont think it was called until he did that.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Bingo, good job. Maybe he was a better "Angel", thank God he didnt play for the Devils.
I wish I had some mint O-Pee-Chee[Canadian] Rookie Cards of him . Graded cards have gone crazy in increasing value during Covid. His likely is way up there....sorry..off topic. :)

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This honestly probably the right answer most of the time but fans always say their team came out flat.
This honestly probably the right answer most of the time but fans always say their team came out flat.

True, but that NEVER happens against us. Is it possible that WE actually did that good of a job yesterday, and also true that for all these years when we all thought it was our team coming out flat that, opposing teams actually deserved accolades and it wasn't us just sucking?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
True, but that NEVER happens against us. Is it possible that WE actually did that good of a job yesterday, and also true that for all these years when we all thought it was our team coming out flat that, opposing teams actually deserved accolades and it wasn't us just sucking?

Well crediting the other team does detract from your team too, it means they have no answer.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Reading the NHL headlines,”Zibanejad ends goal drought in Rangers win”. I’m happy than most, he is one of my favorite Rangers players, but it was an EN goal, I mean great play to turnover but still, Baby steps. I know he will get back to form.
Me too, but sometimes I look at things this way. Albeit unlikely, what if he doesnt salt it away, and somehow the Caps get 2 to tie?
Personally, I was relieved for both the player and outcome.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I know they've had Covid issues and their record is still respectable but anyone else surprised that they're not playing better under Lavi? That guy's an elite coach.
Total change of their defensive scheme. From zone to man to man. Takes time, theyre good enough to "get by" working out their kinks. Come their last 20, pretty sure they'll have it down.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
People love to talk about his attributes but at the end of the day when they talk about his quality the BEST they can say is he's
If our defense continues to be stout, then what I am concerned with is that opposing teams will "target" the 8 million dollar man as the weak link. In which we may already know. Shhhh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad