Post-Game Talk: craps @ RANGERS

3 Stars

• Total voters

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Good point regarding KAM, @Ola. I’m sure we get a bit of a riot here but I bet the coaching staff will (rightfully) give him a healthy scratch eventually to get a breather.

Wasnt he just out with an injury and now theres 4 days between games?

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Good win.
Even though Laf scored, he was playing like he had no drive to do anything on the ice.
Moving like he's in slow motion and looking absolutely invisible.
Hopefully it's just a confidence thing and the goal gave him just that to play better moving forward

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
Kakko has easily been our best forward for some stretch here. Them winning with him out has more to do with coincidence than anything else.

Also he was never supposed to be Mike Gartner. Very different players.
Panarin has been our best forward all season and Kakko is a RW who was projected to skate beautifully and score at a blistering pace, like young Gartner, albeit with different sided shots. Kakko has proven to be less of a defensive liability this year and seems to be flirting with driving the net so I anticipate he will earn more quality minutes. I'm waiting to see if he can evolve into an impact player as was foretold.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Just rewatched the game.Hajek really had a nice game.Hes cut down on those terrible giveaways,worked well on the boards to win puck battles and took a few hits to make some plays.Even jumped into the play for a few shots.his confidence is clearly growing.

I agree. He is showing some signs of settling in a bit, in a "Ryan Lindgren quietly going about his business" sort of way.

Reactions: mrmovies779

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think that having Lindgren allows Fox to play the game in any way he thinks. Early but most successful pair since Girardi-Stall in their prime

I could give you Lindgren for the Girardi - Staal reference, but Fox looks far above and beyond anything that pair had to offer, so you need to find something else for the “most successful since...” reference.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
On the Laf goal 3 freaking Caps swarm Bitteto at the blue line as the puck hops around on stick, he’s able to quickly whack it down low to Panarin leading to a 2 on 1 down low. The Caps got too excited at a potential odd man rush developing and got burned, looked like us last year.

Panarin also recognizes the lone defender’s back is now to the slot so he’s able to look him off even though no one’s open except Laf, great plays all around.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I could give you Lindgren for the Girardi - Staal reference, but Fox looks far above and beyond anything that pair had to offer, so you need to find something else for the “most successful since...” reference.
I meant as a successful pair. Not at all a player to player comparison

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Panarin has been our best forward all season and Kakko is a RW who was projected to skate beautifully and score at a blistering pace, like young Gartner, albeit with different sided shots. Kakko has proven to be less of a defensive liability this year and seems to be flirting with driving the net so I anticipate he will earn more quality minutes. I'm waiting to see if he can evolve into an impact player as was foretold.

Panarin has scored as he does but Kakko has arguably played a more complete game. I am not sure where you get that comparison to Mike Gartner. That was never and is not the case.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Presenting a new, time-permitting ongoing series tentatively titled..."NYR Season in context; was this game actually good?"

We spend so much time debating players and looking at advanced stats for players IMO often without keeping the big picture in mind of the NYR as a team and the NYR in relation to the league.

Yesterday looks to be a "boring" but good performance 5v5. NYR performance was in the 80th percentile league wide this season for xGA. Offensively, despite the actual output of 4 goals, the NYR didn't generate much in terms of xGF, their 14th worst output of the season and in the 23rd percentile league wide.

View media item 8462

Reactions: Raspewtin

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Presenting a new, time-permitting ongoing series tentatively titled..."NYR Season in context; was this game actually good?"

We spend so much time debating players and looking at advanced stats for players IMO often without keeping the big picture in mind of the NYR as a team and the NYR in relation to the league.

Yesterday looks to be a "boring" but good performance 5v5. NYR performance was in the 80th percentile league wide this season for xGA. Offensively, despite the actual output of 4 goals, the NYR didn't generate much in terms of xGF, their 14th worst output of the season and in the 23rd percentile league wide.

View media item 8462
It's tough for hockey to be "boring" because there is always something going on, unless you're talking about the Devils teams of the past.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
That pass Panarin made to Lafreniere for his goal was filthy. A thing of beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->