Claimed off Waivers: Cramarossa to VAN

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Also agree about Boll and Shaw... I don't get Murray anymore.

This isn't Murray, this is Carlyle. (Well, at least 90-10.) Carlyle is the one who requires having a dedicated enforcer around, Murray had no need for that with Boudreau. Carlyle also is the one who keeps giving Shaw a lot of minutes. Murray waiving a guy Carlyle trusts (for whatever reason) over someone he doesn't as much would be highly problematic, even if I'd also prefer Crammer over Boll/Shaw.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
This isn't Murray, this is Carlyle. (Well, at least 90-10.) Carlyle is the one who requires having a dedicated enforcer around, Murray had no need for that with Boudreau. Carlyle also is the one who keeps giving Shaw a lot of minutes. Murray waiving a guy Carlyle trusts (for whatever reason) over someone he doesn't as much would be highly problematic, even if I'd also prefer Crammer over Boll/Shaw.

That's what bugs me when people connect the dots between the Maroon trade and the signing of Boll. It's absolutely fair to hate trading Maroon and the later signing of Boll. It isn't fair to pretend that Murray traded Maroon with the expectation of landing Boll(or someone of that ilk) later. The reality is, Maroon was traded because he showed up out of shape for the season, and Boll was signed to appease our new coach.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
That's what bugs me when people connect the dots between the Maroon trade and the signing of Boll. It's absolutely fair to hate trading Maroon and the later signing of Boll. It isn't fair to pretend that Murray traded Maroon with the expectation of landing Boll(or someone of that ilk) later. The reality is, Maroon was traded because he showed up out of shape for the season, and Boll was signed to appease our new coach.

Yeah, that's been annoying the hell out of me, as well. If Maroon had not been out of shape, uninspired and generally useless for us last year, he would not have been shipped out, or at least created a decent market for himself.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Carolina puts a claim on him. With Stalberg traded, McGinn injured, and likely more moves coming, they could slide him right onto the 4th line for the rest of the year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Stupid move Murray, handed an effective energy line player to a divisional team when you had two useless forwards on the roster to waive instead. Enjoy him Canucks fans, Crammer works his ass off, has spirited fights and has been our best 4th liner for the majority of the season.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Probably means someone is getting traded, or Baertschi is going to be out long term

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Canucks needed to re-stock after the Hansen/Burrows trades. A guy that plays tough was at the top of the list.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm sure it came as no surprise to the Ducks brass that Cramarossa got claimed which means they must not be as high on him as many fans are. Chris Wagner part II.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Probably means someone is getting traded, or Baertschi is going to be out long term

Roster limits are gone after the deadline, losing Hansen and Burrows clears up the necessary salary, and currently the Canucks need extra bodies due to sickness/injury. This is a pure add to the team for the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad