Claimed off Waivers: Cramarossa to VAN

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
The Ducks owed us a player. Even should have been re-claimed and sent to Utica but not with 18 AHL players on the roster and Mumpsoplis finally starting to end, and may just ice an NHL roster once before the end of the season.

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Still years of work to do to be competitive. :\

No doubt they have lots of work ahead. They do have a good group of players under 25 to build off of.

-Horvat
-Baertschi
-Stecher
-Tryamkin
-Hutton
-Boucher
-Granlund
-Cramarossa(love this pickup)

-Boeser
-Juolevi
-Dahlen
-Goldobin
-Gaudette
-Demko
-Virtanen
-Subban

I have a hard time thinking of the last time Vancouver had so much young talent.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Vancouver fans, you will like him.

Skates well, hits every shift, stands up for his teammates.

What's the story on this guy?.....Stats in college and in the AHL pretty dismal, and doesn't grade out that well in the analytics department either.

...Has he improved dramatically during his year in Anaheim?....or is he basically an NHL-AHL 'tweener'?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
What's the story on this guy?.....Stats in college and in the AHL pretty dismal, and doesn't grade out that well in the analytics department either.

...Has he improved dramatically during his year in Anaheim?....or is he basically an NHL-AHL 'tweener'?

There certainly were no expectations for him based on his AHL numbers going into this season. We had several openings in the bottom-6, though, and tried a number of things that didn't go too well, and Crammarossa just seemed to fit into those roles a little more comfortably. I can't say whether he dramatically improved since I didn't see him in the AHL, but I doubt he magically did, and it's not like he showed some impressive offensive or defensive skill; he just translated his simple energetic game. I think it's fair to say that he's a tweener. He probably shouldn't have been a tweener to the Ducks, because we have one or two worse guys running around, but I think he's absolutely a tweener on most teams in the league. I hope Nucks fans won't have unrealistic expectations based on the dramatic reactions from Ducks fans here.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Cramarossa didn't play college, came out of the OHL.

He wasn't someone Ducks fans had on the radar to make the NHL this season because his pro numbers don't exactly scream prospect. He's never going to be a big producer at any level, but he's been pretty much exactly what you want in a cheap 4th line energy player. I don't think it was a case of some sudden vast improvement, his game just simply lends itself well to that scrappy depth role.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Cramarossa is your usual hit-anything-that-moves grinder.

He's a good skater, but not too much offensive ability. I would expect 10, maybe 20 points at year end. Creates a lot of space for his line mates with hits, plays an okay cycle game. Above all, he's hustling pretty much every shift - a good energy-generator overall.

He's nothing special defensively - not a liability, but also not that good on a counterpunch.

Cramarossa's a player who will live and die by his work ethic rather than talent.

And he's a pretty good fighter.

But yeah, you shouldn't be expecting him to score. He's a great energy player that can play that role - and only that role - very well.

Compared to Boll and Shaw, he's fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad