Speculation: Craig Berube Interested in Coaching the Sens

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The thing about Roy is he doesn’t play well with others. Apparently he hates Videotron and Videotron hates him and he’s out in QC because both sides can’t stand each other any longer
Videotron is horrible
Roy is a winner who doesn't accept half ass effort
Videotron is the opposite
Understandable

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Videotron is horrible
Roy is a winner who doesn't accept half ass effort
Videotron is the opposite
Understandable
Duclair was ask to talk about Roy. He said best coach he have. He understands young players. A workaholic. When you come to the rink, you have no choice to give your 100%

I hope the rumor was true that’s is coming this summer

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Also coincided with Binnington coming in from the AHL and posting a .927 in the regular season and .914 in the playoffs
For sure everything aligned that spring but .914 in the PO wasn't the sole reason for winning the Cup
He found a way to get them from last place in the league in January to Champs

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Please this dude over some Marlies guy with no head coaching experience.

Yes please!!!!!

And I would like to see Alfie in a player development or management role. I do not want him in a coaching spot where he will inevitably be fired from. And if he is interested in coaching, get some experience elsewhere. I have my Alfie jersey and am a huge fan, just don't think dropping anyone into a coaching spot without experience is fair to them or the org. As an interim, no problem.

Reactions: DrEasy

otown

Sep 4, 2009
My guess is that Berube has already been told off the record to prepare to be the next head coach of the Sens.
Alfie and JM will finish the season and the new hire will be announced then. Just a hunch!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
My guess is that Berube has already been told off the record to prepare to be the next head coach of the Sens.
Alfie and JM will finish the season and the new hire will be announced then. Just a hunch!
IF Berube is available in the off season, he will pick the situation that suits him the best… there will be a good number of teams that get bounced in the playoffs and will fire their coaches…. IF our rookie GM told him what your hunch is, it is not binding in any way…… IF our rookie GM wanted a new coach in December, he would have hired one… instead he decided to convert the rest of the season into training camp 2.0 and kicked the new coach can down the road.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well now *that* sounds best-in-class to me.
Does Berube fit into the top 8 head coaches in the NHL based on experience and previous success? If not, then I don't see "best in class" being the correct label to apply.

Cheryl Pounder made DJ Smith look like dumb so many times after breaking down bad Sens plays.
DJ Smith did that all on his own; Pounder just identified it on the air.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why wait? Is there some impediment?

Not really familiar with Berubes style
Me too. Can anyone share their views on his style and perhaps a comparable head coach?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not really familiar with Berubes style
Hard nosed, expects the forwards to help out the D a lot, wants his team to be aggressive, and play a heavy style, he is intense and demanding, but doesn't expect everyone to be clones and all play the same, he tailors expectations to the skill set of the player while still keeping expectations high. Players need to earn their rope,

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
These players are defeated in between their ears. That can be fixed for most, but not all. Its up to the staff on hand right now to figure out who is fixable in this organization.

Reactions: Dionysus

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I think it’s Friedman who has said a few times he doesn’t think the Sens would hire him since he’s friends with Keith Tkachuk and they might see it as a conflict of interest.

No idea if he’s speculating or knows something but just throwing that out there.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Does anyone think, if the rookie GM would have made the necessary offer to bring in Berube, with 57 games remaining in this season, and had the team “go to work”, instead of J Martin having them “go back to school”, that the Sens would be in a worse position now?

I also believe with Berube, they would they be in a much better position at the beginning of training camp this coming fall, than with whomever is the next coach…. 57 games would have allowed Berube to help with the retooling, tweaking, rebuilding or whatever the rookie GM has in mind.

For me, the rookie GM has someone in mind, an AHL or an NHL assistant coach, that he wants to bring in during the off-season….. and this is not what this team needs, a rookie head coach…..

Oct 10, 2010
Gruden will be our the coach been saying this forever - Has history with Andlauer just like Staios did.

If they wanted Berube or Roy, one would have been hired long time ago (Roy before he went to NYI) they are waiting on Gruden IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hale The Villain

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Gruden will be our the coach been saying this forever - Has history with Andlauer just like Staios did.

If they wanted Berube or Roy, one would have been hired long time ago (Roy before he went to NYI) they are waiting on Gruden IMO.
Probably

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Yes this has been the scuttlebutt since DJS was let go….. Staois wanting to work with someone he has worked with in the past.

I, and I think many others, have seen Ottawa bring in more than their fair share of first time NHL head coaches.

I hated the PD hiring of DJS, plucking him from the assistant position in Toronto, and now, if it happens, plucking Gruden from their AHL affiliate….. and when he’s replaced, they may find someone from the ECHL…

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Would they need to wait for Gruden? Why is it that they'd have snatched up Berube or Roy but have to wait for Gruden, AHL coaches getting hired by another club happen fairly often, EDM hired knoblauch from the NYR org, if Tor is blocking an interview it's likely because Keefe is on thin ice, which means they may end up promoting Gruden internally and he's never available anyways.

I think we're waiting till the candidate list expands after the season ends, Brindamour is likely a pipe dream, but guys like Sullivan, Cooper, and Keefe could all be added to the list of candidates to go along with Ruff Berube, Gallant and woodcroft among others.

There will be no shortage of quality options, they'll want to interview them all, since the risk of missing out is mitigated by the quantity of qualified candidates.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3