Speculation: Craig Berube Interested in Coaching the Sens

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
1704496420261.gif

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I want him.

Probably the only guy that may turn Brady around, especially as Keith and Craig go way back and were together in the Blues organization. Staios has to act quick

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Isn't Martin here for the entire season? Maybe this would be an offseason hire unless he's nabbed before then.
Martin was named interim coach, so it's possible.

Edit: just saw this was already addressed. That said, even if they planned on having it be all year, things can change, and as somebody mentioned, the addition of Poulin may have tipped the scales in his favour

Reactions: Pierre from Orleans

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anyone coming in will want their ownvguys
Well, I suspect Martin could go back to his advisor role, and Alfie back to some player dev type role unless coaching has become a passion for him. Berube would almost certainly get to bring in his own guys to start next season, if as a group they decided to keep Martin and or Alfie to finish off this year. I imagine, just as it is with HC, there are more options available in the summer, so Berube's guys might not be available, I think the blues kept Ott around, not sure about their other assistants.

Reactions: Cosmix

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Anyone coming in will want their ownvguys
Pretty certain we will have to wait for the offseason to get a new coach (Berube). I'd say Martin and Alfie are not interested in being the coach of this team long term. I mean I could be wrong, but my guess is that Alfie is interested in player development more so than travelling a lot and being a coach. Martin is 70+ and likely prefers being an advisor. Time will tell I suppose.

Reactions: heater007

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Berube with Martin and Alfie as assistants?

Sign me up

But maybe Alfie wants a position in management and Martin might actually not be interested in working long term… I think both just want to help the organization to recover from the toxic trifecta
Martin did an interview awhile back (before he became coach) where he mentioned not being interested in coaching in the NHL again due to the travel schedule. Obviously his mind has changed a bit but I don't think he's interested in coaching long-term. I think he either steps down if they hire another HC or acts as assistant until the end of the season before swapping back to a non-coaching role.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00