Rumor: Craig Anderson: grumpy old man edition

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
this is funny. He doesn't want to play on a bad team even though he is the biggest reason they are bad!

Reactions: Sensung

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Oh no! Say it isn't so.

How many picks and prospects will Dorion give up and what bad contract will he have to take back to make this happen?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If we trade him and don't obtain a better goalie in another trade or signing we can definitely kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Dont even have the loyalty to finish is contract at 4.75 per...

''I can't stop a beach ball but Im out of a rebuild''...

Just GTFO

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
With no extension, he'd be gone this year with nothing coming back. Now at least we get a pick or something.

I always liked Anderson, thought he could bounce back this year, but yeah if he doesn't want to be here, move him. Really can't see very much coming back though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Love Anderson and the stability he brought in goal compared to what we had before. The best goalie the franchise has had over a long period of time.

That being said, moving Anderson is the right decision at this point and that is whether or not he had requested a trade. I'm pretty excited that he's moving on personally since I thought Dorion would never trade him.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
With no extension, he'd be gone this year with nothing coming back. Now at least we get a pick or something.

I always liked Anderson, thought he could bounce back this year, but yeah if he doesn't want to be here, move him. Really can't see very much coming back though.

We aren't getting a pick back. We will be the ones giving up a pick just to move him. Or taking back a bad contract.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
After last season was time to trade him, no offense but at his age you knew his play was going to decline. He still has some value if teams look at his past stats and over look last year as a bad year as whole for the team. Well hopefully. Dorion sells it that way.

Time to get younger in net and this is a blessing in disguise. I don't blame him for wanting out our moving on though.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Anderson is unmovable unless we take a bad contract coming back the other way or retain 50%. He's due over $9 million over the next two years, is 37 years old, and had one of the worst save percentages of any goalie in the NHL last year. (Sub .900.) He is in no position whatsoever to demand a trade right now...

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We aren't getting a pick back. We will be the ones giving up a pick just to move him. Or taking back a bad contract.

I think we easily get a mid round pick. We may take back a contract, but I'm sure we won't be paying to move him.

Guess we will see

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

He could have been traded before the deadline with a pick coming back if he hadn’t been extended. Now it’s harder to move him.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Jokes aside I'm skeptical that Anderson made this request. It's more likely that Dorion is trying to move one of the goalie contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad