Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
this makes so much sense now.

yRikxDW.png

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Pfft. Who's going to take him? Haha. Good job, Craig. Request a trade when your value is - 500.

What teams even need a goalie? Buffalo and NYI? Maybe Philly? I doubt any of them want a 37 yr old goalie with 2 years at $4.75m on his contract, coming off a year where he couldn't stop a beachball.

Reactions: Hutz

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Weird. He sounded like he was on board with the "rebuild" in his interview the other day and said he didn't even really notice the drama in the room. Then again, it was a player interview which is about as useless as tits on a bull.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't begrudge any player trying to get out of here at this point in time.

It does grind my gears a little when it's guys who have played terrible and/or are overpaid though. Great you've made yourself borderline un-tradeable, let's make sure we take back negative assets or take on cap dumps to give you what you want.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I like Andy and don't blame him for wanting out, however - after last season I wouldn't mind having a shakeup in nets. Have to think we'd retain salary if we deal him

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Will probably be forced to attach a quality asset to move him, no choice to move him now, can't have him in the lockerroom next year.

#22 overall or 2nd round 2019 + Anderson for a cap dump.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I pin a lot of Craig's performance last year on the overall product being horrible, from dressing room chemistry down to complete lack of chemistry in the team playing infront of him. Affected Condon too.

I also see it as a sign that Craig also believes that Karlsson is gone (along with others). I remain, foolishly as ever, an unbeliever.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe a swap with NYI for Greiss? Has two years left on his deal like Andy at a lower salary, but was even somehow even worse last year.

Reactions: derriko

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Will probably be forced to attach a quality asset to move him, no choice to move him now, can't have him in the lockerroom next year.

#22 overall or 2nd round 2019 + Anderson for a cap dump.
If that's what it takes, then let him ride the pine or play it out. No way we should be giving up an asset like that just to appease him.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I like Anderson. Don't love him as our goalie. When he's on his good year he's dynamite. Won't miss the constant wrap-around goals if he's traded.

Reactions: robsenz

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Sucks that he's wants out after this bad year. If history repeats itself, he'll be worth way more next year. Hold on to him for a couple months and trade him when he sightly increases his value and another team's goalie gets injured.

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
So going into the final year of your contract, the team gives you a 35+ contract extension for two seasons that you clearly don't deserve at all. You then proceed to play like absolute garbage all year long - one of the worst goalies in the league via eye test and save percentage, continually giving up soft back breaking goals. And now you request a trade out of Ottawa? Lol.

I have never liked Anderson as a goalie. I had a great deal of sympathy for him and his wife last season with her health issues, and would hope for nothing but the best for them in that regard going forward.

I wanted to keep Lehner over the proposed Anderson/Hammond duo a few years ago. And I'd still rather have Lehner now. I have no issue with Anderson being traded. He's long been overrated. See ya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad