Cpjhl junior development league

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
questions

Will the Eastern Ont teams play the Southern Ont teams.
Hi Jason2020, out of respect for the other teams, and families involved with our program, everything will become clearer this week.
Other teams should be announcing this week, we are doing everything possible to cross our t's and provide a credible and a Junior program that we are proud to to be a part of.
Also families within our OSS Family will hear about it first, at our private info session tomorrow night.
Should be able to answer your questions in more details starting Wednesday.
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Hi yes it is pay to play, like 90 percent of other leagues, each team in league will charge according to their budget, there will be 48 league games 3 divisions, a showcase in the U.S. for our team we are working on a couple of more showcases. the official website is ossjr.com
thanks

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
Hi yes it is pay to play, like 90 percent of other leagues, each team in league will charge according to their budget, there will be 48 league games 3 divisions, a showcase in the U.S. for our team we are working on a couple of more showcases. the official website is ossjr.com
thanks

Didn't you say the Eastern team were going to be announced last week?

BeenThere

Oct 24, 2015

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
I was involved with that [the GMHL] until December before resigning just because it was too time consuming and the structure of the GMHL doesn’t really meet my ethical standards,†Beauchamp says. ........... says the guy facing fraud charges, now that"s funny.

Angelo says where not allowed to talk about that, and that where only posting negative because he have something to gain lol. And to ask us about his schedule.

Sorry, I had to :D

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Angelo says where not allowed to talk about that, and that where only posting negative because he have something to gain lol. And to ask us about his schedule.

Sorry, I had to :D
not a problem, you can talk about it all you want, just goes to prove it is about checks and balances, I wish you could say the same. our situation has been rectified.
I will tell you once and I will tell you again I will never put my families, in a situation I would not put my own. but since you guys opened the can, maybe we should talk about sanctioned owners and their past and if your checks and balances failed and are failing. because ours didn't. like I said situation is rectified.
as for the teams announcing, once they do I can explain, why the delay.
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
A)Except we have a track record, we just do not have a junior team and that's it, we also have minor hockey, unlike the situations you are mentioning above.
B) unlike those situations we built our teams from local kids, from Quebec and Ontario,
C\we at OSS are not doing it for money, and we are not just playing locally, a lot of the teams we have played and will play are credible organisations, and yes some of the Junior Teams in our league are new and come from the GMHL, but I can name you some Sanctioned Junior that are way, way badly run, that nobody talks about on this board, the reason they are bad is that there is no outside pressure from somebody doing it better(competition). I do not think one situation is better than the other, I just like competition of ideas.
and as for teams to play, I can promise you this, every team will finish the season, and as for our team, that is not the only league we will be doing stuff with,

that is why I keep saying the same thing over and over, we are a different option, the same goes for our minor hockey teams, they will be involved in the ejepl, and the national junior prospects league in the states and also a couple of prep school tournaments.
the Pshf was a stepping stone for us, now we need to start moving on, so that the OSS organisation as whole needs to be pushed so that we can motivate ourselves to be better on and off the ice. That way we can run something better every year.
there was nobody in the Pshf that we could not beat if I pooled both teams together, but we wanted more kids getting developed and being forced to push themselves, we reached the semi's.
you think schools were happy that we were beating them, and it was costing them 15-40000 thousand dollars to play and it cost us 1 tenth the price, no but they answer to their parents, I answer to mine.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
A)Except we have a track record, we just do not have a junior team and that's it, we also have minor hockey, unlike the situations you are mentioning above.
B) unlike those situations we built our teams from local kids, from Quebec and Ontario,
C\we at OSS are not doing it for money, and we are not just playing locally, a lot of the teams we have played and will play are credible organisations, and yes some of the Junior Teams in our league are new and come from the GMHL, but I can name you some Sanctioned Junior that are way, way badly run, that nobody talks about on this board, the reason they are bad is that there is no outside pressure from somebody doing it better(competition). I do not think one situation is better than the other, I just like competition of ideas.
and as for teams to play, I can promise you this, every team will finish the season, and as for our team, that is not the only league we will be doing stuff with,

that is why I keep saying the same thing over and over, we are a different option, the same goes for our minor hockey teams, they will be involved in the ejepl, and the national junior prospects league in the states and also a couple of prep school tournaments.
the Pshf was a stepping stone for us, now we need to start moving on, so that the OSS organisation as whole needs to be pushed so that we can motivate ourselves to be better on and off the ice. That way we can run something better every year.
there was nobody in the Pshf that we could not beat if I pooled both teams together, but we wanted more kids getting developed and being forced to push themselves, we reached the semi's.
you think schools were happy that we were beating them, and it was costing them 15-40000 thousand dollars to play and it cost us 1 tenth the price, no but they answer to their parents, I answer to mine.
thanks

1) Are you paid a salary(for running/coaching OSS) or are you a volunteer? If yes to accepting any money, then you are in part doing this for money even if that is not your sole motivation.....
2) I don't think running two U16 teams for one year counts as a meaningful track record.....

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
MOD

I don't doubt your teams ability to finish the season.

The issue becomes the 'trust us' scenario, every new league and new team says the exact same thing as you have, 'we will finish the season', when some couldn't even get off the ground and start the season last year. What changes this year?

With sanctioned leagues there is accountabilities and safegaurds, non sanctioned leagues, its the parents left holding the bag, about 200 kids where screwed last year after being told 'trust us', that didn't happen on the sanctioned side of the game.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
1) Are you paid a salary(for running/coaching OSS) or are you a volunteer? If yes to accepting any money, then you are in part doing this for money even if that is not your sole motivation.....
2) I don't think running two U16 teams for one year counts as a meaningful track record.....
we use all our money, to buy ice, play games, run dryland, and actually we usually fall short, no i do not take a salary,
and yes you are right running 2 u16 teams is not a track record, but there is a lot more than just that. but i was not referring to that, I was referring to trust, I know a crazy concept, it has nothing with what we are talking about.
by the way "Ottawadad" I do not know about what 200 players you are talking about, but I do know some of the players who got kicked out or traded because they could not pay on sanctioned teams,

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
by the way "Ottawadad" I do not know about what 200 players you are talking about, but I do know some of the players who got kicked out or traded because they could not pay on sanctioned teams,

Well, as friend who played in the NHL says, if you don't like it, be better. If those 2000 kids where better, they'd have a place to play. My kid may get cut one day, he'll need to be better, not find excuses. We as parents can be supportive while also realizing if the player was as good as we think, he wouldn't be the one cut.

Secondly, regarding the 200 players, its very simple, basic math.

12 teams (its probably more then that) playing within non sanctioned teams last year folded mid season, leaving 200 (probably closer to 250, but I rounded down), without a place to play. That does not happen in sanctioned leagues. Spin it however you want, but thats a massive issue.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Well, as friend who played in the NHL says, if you don't like it, be better. If those 2000 kids where better, they'd have a place to play. My kid may get cut one day, he'll need to be better, not find excuses. We as parents can be supportive while also realizing if the player was as good as we think, he wouldn't be the one cut.

Secondly, regarding the 200 players, its very simple, basic math.

12 teams (its probably more then that) playing within non sanctioned teams last year folded mid season, leaving 200 (probably closer to 250, but I rounded down), without a place to play. That does not happen in sanctioned leagues. Spin it however you want, but thats a massive issue.
choose to believe whatever you believe, does not bother anyone, I am not going to get into why some did not choose to play AAA, and why others do not as I have stated on this board, some players did decide to play AAA and some did not, I would refer to those parents, that you claim were me, I am just a different option nothing less nothing more,
I am not one of those teams that folded last year, so you want to compare them to me it is your choice, but do not forget to also check how many teams(sanctioned) shut down, or moved, or were bought out, but it still has no bearing with me, just your word games, MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
The local Jr B league just kicked out 8 teams last year going from 24 to 16....

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
The local Jr B league just kicked out 8 teams last year going from 24 to 16....

Well, we where talking Jr A since that's what these outlaw leagues claim to be, but let me ask you, did those 8 teams complete the year? My issue is with parents being left out in the cold in November and getting screwed out of $$$, not programs folding after the year is complete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad